Seasonal Painting for Eggs
Other tricks to wow your kids, your friends and yourself!
Here are some eggciting ideas. We don't limit our creativity only for Easter. There is more to accomplish and enjoy!
One example when to apply egg-painting for a special occasion is a BIRTHDAY PARTY!
- Set up a work table laid with old newspapers and colourful materials such as water-based poster paints, colourful brushes (cheap from the dollar stores), mini dyed feathers, sequins, ribbons, popsicle sticks, felts, fuzzy balls, glitters, colour papers, tule and fabric scraps, and many other cool colourful materials you can think of. Use only safe glue types and supply kid-safe scissors if you wish to include small children to help out and become creative little artists.
- Invite over a couple of your little kid's best friends to help out if this will be more fun for your little one and you.
- Be prepared with simple, flat coloured cartoon images of your kid's favourite character printed out for easy reference. Or use imagination. If there is a favourite character, that would be easy to come up with one theme.
- Make as many as you can to cover for each invited kid to the party, after all, eggs are affordable. (Consult parents regarding a history of egg allergies and this could be avoided for their kid(s).)
- Store as a surprise. You will find hollow or empty egg-shaped plastics from the dollar stores. The best time to purchase is before or during the month of Lent when craft stores feature a theme for a holiday. Store the painted egg inside the coloured plastic eggs for two good reasons: 1) it will serve as a surprise and 2) it protects the artsy egg. For more decorated eggs, use clear plastic pouches, satin or organza favour bags to protect them (this would be great for a little girl's birthday give-away).
Uses for other holidays or special occasions!
Crafted Hollow Eggs:
- Baby-showers - use empty eggs, painted, stencilled or other means of decorating. Create an odd number set for an attractive mobile. Great for hanging high in one corner of the room or safely above a crib. Keep out of reach from small children.
- Teen's Birthday or a Talent Achievement - use a empty egg to paint or transform a theme of your birthday teen's favourite thing. Be creative- e.g. be it a love for horses, her pet, a dolly decorated egg, fanatic about dinosaurs, music inclined, etc. As an achievement gift- e.g. turn the egg into a satiny painting of ballet shoes (add a long satin ribbon to hang), a painted illustration of a piano keyboard and music notes around the egg, or a football-painted egg are just a few ideas you can uniquely create with a personal touch your kids will forever cherish.
- St. Valentine's Day - sounds silly, eh? But it could give away a special message: "Break the egg, you'll break my heart." or "My heart is as fragile as this egg. Take care of my heart." or "You are eggcellent, eggciting, eggceptional and eggstra-ordinary. I love you eggcessively!"
- Mother's Day / Father's Day - a pretty, dainty present for the dear love of your mom or dad. Cover the egg with your painted written message of how much you care or paint over flowers, dress it up with a miniature apron or a neck-tie and a your artsy baseball cap.
- Christmas Decor - mix up 2 or 3 egg sizes (small eggs and large eggs or even quail egg size). Use for hanging on a Christmas tree, by the rails of your staircase, kitchen decor, etc. Make your art project within the Christmas theme applying colours and other effects that fits the Christmas spirit of joy and gift-giving. Once you start with one, more bright ideas would come and you will definitely be enjoying it. It is a great gift-giving idea together supplied in a box for extra handling protection.
- Colourful Planters for your Kitchen Counter Top - carefully crack open an egg just right above the middle to gain more soil space and when it's painted, the colour shows above the egg tray. Paint draw with spring ideas like green grass, flowers, birds, clouds, sun, even raindrops.
- Varnish it. Seal your creative painting by brushing a clear matte, satiny or glossy varnish when your art is fully dried. Varnish using a soft brush. A softer brush will avoid heavy brush marks. Brush around the egg in one stroke or same direction. Varnish dries up easily, so your stroke should be quick and steady. Matte, satiny or glossy varnish may be purchased in art supply stores. Also try artists' spray varnish.
- Box it. Protect your creative gift idea (if you wish) framed within a square glass or plastic casing or use any base material for the egg to stay on.
Roll 'em in colour!
Crafted Boiled Eggs:
- Birthday Parties
- A Baby's First Month Birthday - sharing in this hub is a beautiful Chinese tradition of how eggs play an important role in the celebration of a newborn- The hosts of the party's first month's birthday of their baby introduces their bundle of joy with a celebration of handing out red eggs. Red-dyed eggs mean happiness and the renewal of life. You can actually continue with this happiness even if you are not Chinese; I guess it does not hurt to adopt the idea.
- Red for Prosperity and may use red coloured eggs to promote happiness, prosperity and good luck to any occasion.
- Halloween "hosting a Party" (not for door treats) - paint it bright and be creative. Let that hidden creativity out; you won't run out of ideas. I say not for "door treat" to protect children with egg allergies.
- Thanksgiving Day - turn eggs into pumpkins or "gobble-up" silly turkeys. Paint it pumpkin like; add crafty work like feathers, felt and googly eyes for a turkey effect.
- School Activity - raise funds by painting on inspiring messages and drawings and selling them in school during Bake Sale or Fund Raiser events. I call this craft idea as "Inspire Me". Painted or white, an inspirational or motivational message is written across the egg or merely a drawing that projects an inspiring meaning.
≈ ♥ ≈ coffeegginmyrice ♣ Painting Eggs for All Seasons for Different Reasons 2012
- DIY Party: Confetti Egg Game
- Divine Party Concepts — Party Ideas and Party Planning
- Red Egg & Ginger Party Favor Ideas
- 8 Egg Hunt Party Ideas | Home Made Simple
Host an egg hunt that’s fun for all ages with creative activities, décor and more.