- Arts and Design
Easy Paper Craft Project Ideas
Paper Craft Art
- Paper craft projects are one of the most fun and versatile activities that kids and adults alike can take part in to express themselves.
- I pretty much grew up with paper crafts. In kindergarten I learned simple things like cutting color papers into different shapes and pasting them on a white sheet of paper to create a variety of cool objects like people, animals, and flowers.
- When I came home with excitement and showed my mom what I made she would say, "Wonderful! Would you like to do some more of that at home?" and I was overjoyed. My mom was pretty skillful herself. She would come up with creative paper craft ideas and spend an afternoon with me working on different projects.
- In elementary and middle school I learned more intricate paper crafts like origami and making various decorative objects.
- Paper crafts are an inexpensive medium in which you can show your artistic talents. Working on craft projects is also a great way to spend time with your kids. You may be surprised how a few hours of fun and play after school can produce a work of art that your family will treasure for many years to come or even an heirloom.
- Image source:
Paper craft ideas for kids
- Children's construction papers, fine Japanese rice paper, and rag cotton woven papers are great for kids to work with. Here are just a few ideas.
- Cut construction paper into paper dolls of people, pets, or other objects of your kid's imagination.
- Combine different colors of construction paper in beautiful pictures of your backyard, a farm, mountains, or your beloved cat or dog.
- Make colorful garlands of construction paper chains at Halloween or Christmas.
- Make hanging decorations or paper-mache ornaments.
- Make a collage or containers.
- These paper craft projects will give your children a sense of contribution and self esteem.
Origami - A wonderful paper craft idea
Origami is a fantastic paper folding art that allows you and your children to create amazing objects. There are great books on this traditional Japanese art geared to your kid's imaginations and abilities.
Paper craft idea for adults
Decorate a regular gift bag with bows, beads, ribbons and glitter, and transform it into an artistic one that outshines the contents!
Paper craft supplies at great prices
Special Item - Cricut 29-0001 Personal Electronic Cutting Machine - Portable electronic cutting machine for greeting cards, scrapbooks, and other paper crafts
Craft enthusiasts will love the portability and convenience of this electronic cutting machine. Weighing just 7 pounds and equipped with a generous handle, the unit can be taken along when traveling or to scrap-booking parties with friends. Stylish totes, sold separately, also make it easy to bring the cutter anywhere. Ideal for greeting cards, scrapbooks, and other paper crafts, the machine uses a cartridge-based system (no computer required) for cutting thousands of beautiful letters, shapes, or phrases in a variety of sizes and styles with just the touch of a button.
Paper craft project idea videos
More paper craft project ideas
- Scrapbooking and Card Making Resources
Learn how to make greeting cards and scrapbooks.
- How to Make Papyrus Paper Crafts for Kids
Teach kids how to make a scroll that looks like it's made with papyrus.
- Halloween and Christmas Paper Craft Ideas for Kids
Find Halloween and Christmas paper craft ideas, plus scrapbooking and other project ideas.