- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork»
- Paper Creations
This is your step by step instructions for your paper rosette kit.
I know you are very excited to start this paper craft with the pre-cut circles and template included in the kit.
The instructions guide you through the process of making the kaleidoscope effect with printed papers. If you are using small print or solid color circles skip the first two steps and simply fold all the circles in half and go directly to step three.
For practice start with half folds on step 3, as well. A white practice circle is provided.
All you need before starting is white glue.
For decorating ideas and more discussion about this pattern see Make A Paper Flower Rosette showcase page.
Time required: 20 minutes
- White glue
1. Straighten the pattern of all eight circles so they lay identical. Use the template to gage which colors are going to pop when folded.
2. I want the spiral in the center. The half fold will give me that, as shown, at the bottom of the photo.
The colored wedge mark "1" is the center. The area marked "4" is the edge. The green leaves will show.
3. Now I can line up the first half fold with each circle and fold them identical. Make sure the edges meet.
4. One way to mark the half folds.
5. All 8 circles are folded in half.
6. Make a soft crease in the middle by folding in half along the straight edge.
7. Fold the bottom tip up to the soft crease.
8. Complete all units identically.
9. Fold tip down so blue Os meetup. See at the top of the photo how the spiral pops.
10. Turn all units over and match Os again. You should have a wedge with the folds facing down.
11. Turn the wedges over to see the folds facing you.
12. Use a matching circle folded into fours to glue the wedges down.
13. The completed kaleidoscope rosette.
14. The back. Even striped papers make a pretty pattern, as shown at the top of the page.
Leave any questions and I will answer them the next morning when I visit my email. Thank you for purchasing this rosette kit. I hope you have many hours of fun with paper folding.
Lots of ideas here.
Look for sale papers at Tuesday Morning, Ross or use coupons at Michael's and Joann's. Once a few are made and hung up, satisfaction rises to new heights. Invite someone for a pool party or iced tea.
© 2014 Sherry Venegas