Popcorn Jar Lid Cross Stitch
Popcorn Cross Stitch Design
Make a cute Popcorn cross stitch jar lid design. When your finished fill up a jar with popcorn. It will make for a super fun gift for some one who loves popcorn.
As I went shopping for fabric to make ruffles for edging that would go with a popcorn style, I got lucky and found a whole package with a bunch of different colors and designs. As I laid out each fabric I found this Fall leaves design and thought it would be perfect to go with the popcorn cross stitch. It had brown, gold and yellow tones that reminded me of popcorn. Seeing the fabric up close to the popcorn design inspired me even more to make design. With that in mind, I've put together a how-to tutorial on how to make this popcorn jar lid cross stitch craft project.
I'm excited that I've been able to stitch some really fun cross stitch projects. I love to see finished cross stitch projects and even more rewarding to put a smile on a face that I give them to for gifts.
- Popcorn Pattern
- Aida Cloth 22'
- Floss - 4 colors
- Fabric for Ruffle
- Thin Cardboard
- Jar Lid - Regular Size
- Mason Jar
- Tapestry Needle
- Small Scissors
- Tacky Glue
1. Popcorn jar lid pattern by Leisure Arts
2. Symbol key with floss colors.
3. Gather your supplies - Hoop, Aida cloth, floss and needle
4. Stitch your design to look like this. It take 4 colors: white, DMC color 743, 741 and 310. All are cross stitches except for the lettering and back stitching.
5. Time to assemble the jar lid!
Turn the lid upside down on a thin cardboard and trace two circles
6. Cut the circles out then trim them a bit more around the circle to fit inside the ring.
7. Take the cross stitch and wrap around one of the circle card boards.
Slide a small piece of batting underneath to make it puffy. Then put into ring. Cut the edging down then glue the overhang of fabric on the cardboard.
8. Tacky Glue works wonders on these kinds of projects!
9. Cut fabric into a circle larger than the ring. I used a large coffee lid.
10. Take the next piece of cardboard and glue to middle of fabric. Take puffy design out of ring and glue to the fabric cardboard. Be sure to glue it to the fabric side leaving the cardboard side showing when popping lid on jar.
11. Your done! Pour some popcorn in the jar and pop on the lid!
It's ready to given as a gift.