- Arts and Design
Scrapbook Quotes: Where to Find Them
Best Places To Find Quotes For Scrapbook Pages
If you are like me, I often find myself at a loss for words for my scrapbook pages. Sometimes I feel very inspired. I can look at a picture and know exactly what I want to say. Other times not so easy. So I started trying to find some places for inspiration and ideas for both the page titles of my layout as well as quotes for layouts. I wanted resources that enabled me to find what I wanted easily and quickly. I tested each of these resources and have reviewed them for you from my own experiences. Then I added a few more ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
To quote an unknown author, "Just as pieces stitched together in a quilt warm our bodies, scrapbooks bind together memories to warm our hearts.â
Free Ideas For Any Quotes
Type in scrapbook quotes and sayings in your browser. Then look for images. You will be excited for what you can find
Keep A Quote Journal Handy
Keeping a quote journal handy will help keep those ideas that you have gathered together in one location. It can be a little journal that you keep handy, a loose leaf binder that is tabbed by subject or just a folder, but if you are like me, I often forget where I keep those post it notes that I wrote something down on.
The scrapbook quote that you use on your pages in meant to tell something about that event or time. It's not a diary or a journal, but a memory jogger that helps us relate to the event or people in our photos. It helps us recall a part of our lives so that we can relive it with those who are important to us.“Just as pieces stitched together in a quilt warm our bodies, scrapbooks bind together memories to warm our hearts.” ~Author Unknown
Quote Journals Can Be Fun
The most quoted author is "author unknown"
Scrapbook Quote Library - If all else fails, hit the books
These are some of my favorite books to get quotes from. Sometimes when I am really dry and uninspired, these books help me get through. They are all very reasonable and you will find lots of inspiration for your cards and other papercraft too.
Beautiful memories tell our story, and wrap themselves in ribbons of the heart.
Facebook is a great place to find scrapbook quotes ! People are always posting stuff that I add to my quote journal !
Scrapbook Quote Sources - Free Sources Of Quotes For Your Scrapbook Pages
Quotes are not just ways to fill space. They say something special to convey a sense of what your page is about when you can't find the exact words. In other words, they enhance the thoughts that your pictures are trying to convey
They can inspire someone . Those wise words from a famous person can act as a valuable piece of advice
They can add fun, humor ,and sentimentality to your scrapbook pages
- ScrapSayings.com, Sayings Directory
Large organized directory
- Scrapbook About
If you are looking for a specific quote, title or poem, there are lots of resources
- Quote Garden
My personal favorite because they are so well organized and their quotes are short which makes it perfect for scrappers
- Brainy Quote
Another of my favorites. Well organized by topic or author. Has nice, easy to read quotes, some with pictures
Type your keyword into the search bar and you get lots of quotes for all your pages. They also have a large list of topics
- Scrapbook Crazy
Smaller list, but some unusual quote topics
Consider quoting family members ! Does anyone in your family have a saying they use over and over ? Make sure it's included on your scrapbook pages !
Qualities Of A Good Scrapbook Quote
"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose." ~From the television show The Wonder Years Scrapbook pages help us create good memories. The quotes we add to those pages make our memories sweeter
- It should be something that sticks in your head and has an impact. It actually makes a light bulb that goes off in your head
- It should be relevant to the picture or the subject that is on the page
- It should be short. Less is more and the point of the page is the picture, so don't bury the picture with words
- It should touch your emotions. It should reach you in a special way that creates a warm glowing memory
Making The Quotes On Your Scrapbook Pages Pop
How To Highlight A Scrapbook Quote
Once you have selected the quote for your scrapbook page, it's easy to make it pop on your page. But remember, the photo is the focus point of your scrapbook layouts. Before you print the quote out, make sure that you chose a font and size that will enhance your layout. You can use colored ink or black. It's up to you !
You can print your quote on colored paper to highlight it. Or you can layer your quote with a background paper. You are building your page step by step. Since you are the artist, you just have to decide what works for you.
Find More Scrapbook Quotes - Unusual Places To Find Scrapbook Inspiration
"Scrapbooking isn't about scraps of paper and photos. Scrapbooking is about scraps of life - yours and those special to you." ~Rebecca Sower
- Recycle Greeting Cards When you get a special greeting card that really makes you sigh or laugh, save it. Keep them in a file and use the sayings on your pages !
- Magazines Before you heave those magazines, look for any special quotes that caught your eye ! Cut them out or jot them down for future use
- Books Jot down something special from a book that you are reading. Head to the public library where there are infinite sources of information. Don't forget children's books too. Dr Seuss is one of my personal favorites
- Scrapbook Galleries When I have some extra time, I love looking at scrapbook galleries. I keep my quote journal handy so if I see something special, I can jot it down
- Quote a song ! There are terrific quotes within the songs that we all know and love !
- TV shows Sometimes we hear something on a TV show or a commercial that just clicks
Give credit where credit is due ! remember to include the source in your quotes !
Scrapbook Quotes As Titles
A great scrapbook quote or phrase can inspire a wonderful title for your scrap book pages or a title on a journal card. Break it up in pieces
You can use the main idea of the quote to fashion your title. Or you can take the title and break it up in your actual layout.
Use one font throughout or use two font to make it different.
Fashion your layout around the quote.
Free Scrapbook Quote Downloads
Products With Scrapbook Quotes
If all else fails, you can always purchase products that have the quotes on them. It helps you get the job done quicker. Most of these products are themed, so it's easy to find exactly what you need for your specific product.
- Message Stickers- They come in embossed and translucent stickers, as well as traditional stickers. They are sold as singles, pages and books of stickers. I like to make copies of them and keep them in a book for future use.
- Rub On Quotes- These are similar to stickers but are rubbed on with a tool to the page
- Stamps are another great alternative. These are usually singles as a rubber stamp or in a set as acrylics. These are an investment, so make sure that you have somewhere else you can use them. I like to catalogue these in my quotes notebooks for future reference.
- Die Cuts- These are easy to use, but again are an investment. They cut the paper into the saying or quote which you can glue onto paper. You need either a hand die cut machine or an electronic one Again, I catalogue these in my quotes journal
- Themed Scrapbook Paper- you can buy a single sheet of scrapbook paper and can cut out the quote that you need. Check the aisle of your local craft store or on line
Pinterest Is A Treasure Box Of Quotes And Sayings
Check out Pinterest when you are stuck for what to say on your pages. They have a huge index that is very organized
We'd love to hear about your favorite quotes and how you use them on your pages. Why not share your thoughts with the community or just stop by and say hello ! " Scrapbooking isn’t about scraps of paper and photos. Scrapbooking is about scraps of life – yours and those special to you.” ~Rebecca Sower