Ideas For Selling Crafts Online
Selling Crafts Online
Are you an artist looking to start your own craft business by selling crafts online?
If you are a creative craftsman who loves his work, and is wanting to showcase your work in front of the world then this is the right place to start searching for best ideas to sell your crafts online.
The internet has changed the world completely. In old days craftsman would have to attend craft shows and throw the parties to showcase his work (these ideas still work) but now you can reach a global audience.
I've created this lens to help the fellow craftsmen to sell their work for a better price. Here you'll find sites to sell your crafts, and books that will help start and market your craft business successfully.
5 Things to Remember when Selling Crafts
When you do decide to take the next step and get your hobby out there in the hands of many from around the world, here are some things to remember:
1. Research everything: Do your research on prices, cost of product, where to sell crafts, how much it will cost you to sell them at certain sites or vendors.
2. Remember that working for yourself is actually hard work: People go into it thinking that working for themselves is going to be much easier than working for someone else, they are wrong and I hope you aren't one of these people. You need to be determined to get it done on time and to be able to make the product to sell in the first place.
3. Giving up to easily: No one said that working from home selling crafts was going to be easy. It is actually a very hard job to fulfill since there are people who don't want to buy things that are handmade or they may not like what you have to sell. The trick is to always specialize in something but also offer other things that might interest prospective buyers this way you have income coming in all the time.
4. There is always going to be someone who doesn't think that you are going to make it. These are the people that you need to avoid the most in crafting business. They are the ones who tell you that your hobby should remain a hobby or that you don't have enough money to open your own shop. Well, nowadays you don't need a lot of money to open your own shop since the internet can all be done with little to no money. When I first started selling crafts, I took to sites like Ebay and Etsy to help me out. Once I became comfortable with it, I moved over to my own online store but still sold on those sites as well. After I started earning a full time income online selling crafts, I started marketing myself to smaller boutiques and hair salons.
5. Always put a certain percentage back for products. I sell a lot and if I am not careful I will spend right through my earnings without remembering that I have to buy the products to make my crafts with. Well, started out putting 70% back into the product but now I am able to put 50% back. One day I am hoping that I am at 20% but this probably won't happen util I open my own branch out in the real world.
"Sell Your Crafts Online" provides a roadmap to the best Internet places for makers of handmade crafts to sell, promote and get reviewed from. Discover over 500 promotion ideas. Get 21 ways to inspire trust on your site pages.
Selling Your Crafts On Etsy
Etsy is the best marketplace for selling crafts online. Opening and setting up a shop on etsy is quite easy and does not require much knowledge. The crafts are of good quality and have competitive prices. Here are few of the best books to help you master the art of selling on etsy.
Miller offers crafts-specific tips and advice on everything from creating listings to getting a fair price, processing payments to providing outstanding service. No matter what you make or where you already sell it, you can earn a better living if you also sell online. This guide will help you get started, get successful, and stay successful!
Step away from the craft fair. Set up shop on Etsy, the world market for art, design and home decor!
For artists, crafters, designers, and vintage resellers, it's a revolution. Never before has it been so easy to open a storefront that will reach millions of paying customers--with no up-front investment--online, in an afternoon!
Learn how thousands of Etsians, young and old, have launched their business on a shoestring, usually part-time at home. See how to sell items quickly, earn money, and have fun doing it.
Discover the new twist on good old-fashioned word-of-mouth advertising made possible online, courtesy of Facebook, Google, and Etsy itself. You'll learn the best tools for making it all work, no computer geekery required.
Sell Your Crafts on eBay
eBay is also a good place to sell handmade crafts. All you need is to understand how ebay works, and what you should do to make your crafts stand out from the crowd. Standing out can be accomplished by competitively pricing your crafts and optimized listings.
This jam-packed guide took a year of research to help artists and craftspeople like you. You'll get more than 200 tactics, tips and tricks to profit with your craft items from eBay's millions of buyers. Learn how to quickly analyze completed auctions for elements that will help sell your art and crafts items and recognize new opportunities for making money from home.
If you sell things online, you already know how important pictures are. They are the only way your customer has confidence to buy.
Whether you sell at eBay or on your website, better pictures attract more customers! This handbook will teach you how to take great pictures -- without spending a fortune!
This handbook includes highlighted tips on how to save money and take better pictures, as well as over 50 color pictures of equipment, techniques, and examples. Keep this handbook with your camera and refer to it when you need ideas or inspiration on your next pictures.
With today's rocky economy and unsteady job market, there's never been a better time to earn extra cash online. And now there's a new book that guides you each step of the way: eBay 101: Selling on eBay For Part-time or Full-time Income, Beginner to PowerSeller in 90 Days.
Access the world's biggest marketplace, right from your own home. You'll learn how to:
Selling Crafts On Amazon
If you are in business to sell consumer goods -- or you want to be -- you should be on Amazon.com.
More than 90 million customers shop at Amazon. As its global business booms, Amazon is inviting all sorts of independent sellers -- large and small businesses, individuals, and mom-and-pop shops -- to sell their merchandise right on Amazon.
Whether you're just starting or already in business, you can boost your sales and profits by showing your wares on Amazon, the world's biggest store. Everything you need to start converting your items into cash is in this book by Steve Weber, one of the most successful and highly rated sellers in Amazon history:
There is a new phenomenon hitting the world of the Internet marketplace. PowerSellers who have made a fortune on eBay are moving their merchandise over to Amazon. After all, the benefits of selling on Amazon are legion-sellers have found that they can charge more for their merchandise, avoid upfront fees, and deal with less-demanding customers.
The opportunities for selling are endless-Amazon now sells products in more than 40 categories and is the web's number one retailer with more than 81 million customers. As the authors of the popular book eBay PowerSeller Secrets, Debra and Brad Schepp are experts at making big money selling products on the web.
Amazon Top Seller Secrets show readers why Amazon is the marketplace that will bring them more cash and more customers.
Sellers will discover everything they need to: - navigate the Amazon marketplace - set the right price for merchandise - drive more traffic to their product pages - achieve consistently high feedback ratings - become an Amazon Pro Merchant - open more than one Amazon WebStore- source the best products - and more
Selling Crafts Online On Pinterest
Start Marketing NOW on the World's Fastest-Growing Website!
You thought Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter were big? Pinterest is outpacing them all. As a marketer, you can't afford to ignore this amazing new platform. Why should you start marketing right now on Pinterest? In a word: MORE. You'll drive more traffic, get more customers, and make more money than ever!
"Pinterest has unimaginable potential as a marketing and customer relationship building tool. In this fantastic book Jason and Karen reveal their highly effective blueprint for using it the right way. This is the guide to Pinterest that I'm having my staff read." -- JIM COCKRUM, bestselling author of Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business
As Pinterest rockets onto the list of most popular social networks, you recognize that something is different about Pinterest. It isn’t like the others. The appeal to women and their families, the explosion of visual images instead of blocks of text, the showcase of aspirational lifestyles… this is no Facebook or Twitter. Pinterest is a completely new model not just for the users, but also for marketers. Don’t let the lack of overt advertising on Pinterest fool you. Marketers who understand this new model are already building brands, communicating with affinity groups, and driving sales and traffic. They’re tapping into a window of opportunity – and so can you. But in order to make Pinterest work effectively, you have to know what brands and products work well on Pinterest. You need a strategic plan that’s appropriate for an environment of rapid change. You’ll also need specific tactics for board organization, pin selection and copy, getting followers, and tools. With this information, you’ll have a great head start on the network that is quickly becoming an essential marketing channel for anyone working in or using social media for marketing.
How To Start & Grow Your Craft Selling Buisness Online
Are you already selling your handmade items, and wonder how others achieved success?
Or love to buy beautifully crafted items, and love the stories behind them? Then this is the book for you!
30 of the biggest and best-known crafty entrepreneurs share the Secrets Of Their Success ! - this is ESSENTIAL reading for anyone who loves to create! Discover how they turned their own crafty dreams into a successful business, the challenges they faced along the way, and their Top Tips for Creative Business Success.
Sewing - Sublime Stitching, Subversive Cross Stitch, Amy Karol, Oliver + S patterns.....
Jewelry - Dogeared Jewelry, Pick Up Sticks , Alex Monroe ( Jeweler Of The Year) and more !
Paper Goods - Brainbox Candy, Alice Palace, Crow & Canary - from small, indie handmade to million-selling greetings card producers AND sales reps....
Wish you could turn your talent for making lovely things into cash? Bored of the 9 to 5 and dreaming of starting your own crafty business, but not sure where to start? Then this is the book for you !
The Craft Business Handbook has ALL the information you need to get started making money from your crafts - NOW !
From setting up as a proper business, producing and pricing your goods for maximum sales and profit, to the various options for selling online, at craft fairs, trade shows and getting your products into retailers, right through to gaining magazine coverage, promoting your business online and managing your business as it grows, this is THE essential guide for any would-be crafty entrepreneur!
Whether you're just considering getting started with a crafty business idea, or already selling your wares and looking for ways to grow your business ( think sales reps, fulfillment houses and more!), this handy book - written by craft business expert Alison McNicol - shares tons of insider tips, practical information, and shows how you too can achieve Craft Business success!
* Formulas and examples of pricing crafts when selling retail or wholesale, online or off
* Stand out from the crowd with 10 competitive ways to price crafts
* Get 15 strategies for how to price crafts higher by increasing perceived value
* Learn how to price crafts that are one-of-a-kind items * Guarantee that your craft prices are really earning you a profit
* Find examples of how to keep records so you can quickly learn how to price crafts as you make them
* Boost your cash flow income so you will never run out of money to run your craft business
* Get 12 sources for buying craft supplies at the lowest possible costs * Increase your production of things to make to sell with a more
The Craft Organization Directors Association reports that 22% of craft households derive all of their income from craft. Crafting for profit is on the rise as more and more people in today’s down economy rely on the income from their crafts, whether for sole or supplementary support. But the legal and business side of crafting can be daunting to artists, consuming hours and money they’d rather invest in creating, and potentially leaving them open to copyright violation or tax trouble.
The Craft Artist’s Legal Guide takes the mystery out of the business side of crafting, offering a comprehensive but friendly review of all of the major legal and tax issues, plus clear examples of how to approach them. It explains how to:get a design patent or license a craft;price and sell material, online and off;select the right
Selling Crafts Online
Etsy VS. EBay
Which Site Do You Prefer More?
© 2014 R D Hayes