- Arts and Design
Silly Signs of Life
Welcome to Silly Signs That'll Make You Smile!
In a world full of chaos, crisis, and calamity, who would have thought that one would find a peaceful place, a rowdiless refuge, and a superb sanctuary of solitude for "spoiled horses", "lost dogs", and "soiled doves"?
SILLY SIGNS is devoted to all those who put their faith in funnybones, who giggle at gaffes and glitches, or who can't resist the urge to burst out laughing when everyone else says ""shhhhh"! All of which means that if you're ready to be tickled pink by the spirit wit, wonk, and whimsy found all around us ... you'll certainly feel right at home here!
Image Credit: "State refuge" sign found in Lipscomb, Texas (pop. 44), source: firstname.lastname@example.org
If You Can't Slay Or Tame A Dragon... - Maybe you should try nibbling on one.
According to Chinese astrology, dragons are highly compatible with roosters but are unsympathetic if not antangonistic towards other dragons not to mention rabbits, goats, and dogs (which is which is probably why they are on the special menu tonight at the Roadkill Restaurant).
Image Credit: dragon wings -Posted 2010-08-01 (Spicey Dragon Wings) in colorspray.blogspot.com
PUT YOUR FAITH IN YOUR FUNNYBONE! - Who said God doesn't have a sense of humor?
NOTHING SAYS IT BETTER THAN - The silly signs of happiness!
Image Credit: Harold's Planet cartoon by Lisa Swerling & Ralph Lazar - postesd Dec. 14, 2008 in harolds-planet.blogspot.com/686-1
ON THE OTHER HAND - Maybe you dig the sassy signs of life?
Image Credit: http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_570xN.124628169.jpg
Wanna know what life's all about, then turn left at the Yellow Brick Road sign 'cause...
Stop the world...I wanna get off!
JUST FOR THE PUN OF IT!
Sign otside an exterminator's office: We make mouse calls.
THE DEPARTMENT OF DOING (where we taking snoozing on the job and twiddling our thumbs very seriously!)
Image Credit: Silly sign snapped by Oratoronto@flickr.com in Auckland, New Zealand
SPEAKING OF SILLY SIGNS OF LIFE...
"A clean basement, garage and attic are signs of an empty life."
-- Doug Larson, American newspaper columnist and editor --
Take Care In the Tinkle Pantry Whatever You Do!
REMEMBER: When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
TEN SIGNS -- YOU'RE HEADED FOR DISASTER
1. You can't remember your name (even with a few hints from Big Bird).
2. You're up a stream without a canoe, a paddle or a six-pack of beer.
3. You start a sentence with the words, "I know you'll think I'm crazy but...".
4. You're wearing two different colored socks (which is bad enough), but polishing your white sneakers with black shoe polish is really going too far.
5. You're eating a very juicy hamburger loaded with onions, mushrooms, bacon, cheese, lettuce, two big dill pickles and topped with a giant tomatoe slice and a sprig of parsley.
6. Your spouse to be does not show up for the big gig at the church (where all your family, friends and big wigs from work are waiting naturally).
7. Your car begins to hop, skip and jump, (and your foot isn't even on the gas).
8. You receive an e-mail invitation to your own pink slip party (signed, "Yours affectionately, 'The Hatchet Man'").
9. Your boss signs you up for a new professional development course called "Dragon Slaying 101" (and you're allergic to rubber swords not to mention things that go bleep in the night!)
10. Your long-lost relatives arrive at your home in their rusty five-wheeler with five feisty freaks in tow who haven't had a bath in a month, a pet iguana named "Petunia", and a moose tied to the roof.
THERE'S WIT IN THIS WARNING SIGN!
ROADSIDE RELIGION BOOK CLUB PICKS
Is your church prayer conditioned?
Would you like a bible with your burger?
America's highways to heaven are paved with the best intentions.
The Bible Belt as you've never seen it before!
If you're in a pickle, be grateful they don't serve pith and vinegar at this church.
FIRST COMMANDMENT OF THE PARKING GOD
STRANGE STREETS AND ODD PLACES
- 50 WORST VACATION SPOTS - PART 1
Who says travelling across America isn't fun?
- STRANGE STREETS
Keep your eyes peeled for those wild, weird or wacky street names that contribute to our light-hearted landscape.
- FUNNY PLACE NAMES
Let's face it, would you want to live in town called "Humptuplips"?
- CHURCH OF CHORTLE
The best place to find a puckish pew and lots of wacky words of worship on ripsnorting roadsigns.
- HEFFALUMP HEADQUARTERS
If you haven't seen a heffalump lately, (or any other Perfectly Normal Beast for that matter), do drop by this hilarious hidey hole.
- SOCRATIC ORDER OF SANDBOXES
A charter member of The Tendentious Wisdom, Intelligence, & Titillation Society (TWITS), which accepts all folks with a wicked sense of humor, not to be confused with members of the Flat Earth Society (FES) who have no funnybones.
- 50 WORST VACATION SPOTS - PART 2
Clearly if you like the first 25 really bad destinations...you'll love these even more!
- CRUMPETS CLUB
Crazy coots and crones will find this spot amusing together with folks who love funny food.
NO ANDS, IFS, OR BUTTS ABOUT THIS ONE!
No wonder they call them places of ease!
For those who have oodles of time on their hands!
For Fido and Fifi owners only!
SILLY SANTA SIGN - I'm not telling you why I'm so jolly, merry, and bright...so there!
Image Credit: lauriehardinsaccents.blogspot.com - 2010/12/01
YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT PROBLEMS?
Welcome to "Conundrum Corner"!
Just when you think you've got life all figured out, you're greeted with another gift of chaos, crisis, and confusion!!
Lesson 42: If you want to find your way on the "Yellow Brick Road" of life, make sure you've got a map, you're carrying a pocket GPS, and you're in the company of a Tin Man, a Scarecrow, and Lion!
And, when all else fails, click your shoes twice and pray to God you can find your way back home to the blessed cornfields of Kansas!
CAN'T YOU SEE THE SIGN!
Odds are you may not have seen these oddities.