Squid Knitting Patterns
Cephalopod Knitting Patterns
I performed a search for free octopus knitting patterns before I had even joined Squidoo. It only seems appropriate that I dedicate a lens to these cephalopod knitting patterns now that I have designed a Squidoo Squid Knitting Pattern!
So what kinds of squid and octopus knitting patterns did I find? These range from toys to hats, iPod cozies to charts and many more.
Toy Octopus Knitting Patterns
- Ollie the Octopus - This creature has a mushroom shaped head. The arms are knit and stuffed, so they are stiffer and curled up.
- Octopus - The head is stuffed, and the tenticals don't appear to be, making them a little curly. Button eyes finish him off. You will need to create a free Ravelry account to view this pattern.
- Socktopus - A stashbuster knitting project where each of the 8 legs of this toy Octopus are made out of different sock yarns (giving him "socks")
- Octopus Garden - The head is shaped like a turnip. There is a loop on top so you can hang the toy up in your home.
- Octopus Redux - This is a slight variation of Octopus Garden.
- Jolly Octopus - The legs are short in proportion to the body. Cute and looks like a fast knit.
- Aristotle the Octopus - Knit flat and then seamed.
- George - A felted stuffed octopus knitting pattern.
- Le Octopus! - The legs are short in relation to the body.
- Orla the Octopus - You will need to create a free Ravelry account to view this pattern.
- "Henry" the Octopus - You will need to create a free Ravelry account to view this pattern.
- Squiggly Octopus - Simple with icord legs and a round head.
- Phat Pacific Octopus - A teeny tiny knit octopus
- Little Octopus - This little octopus is smiling!
- Rastapus - Octopus with attitude - Complete with dreadlocks!
- Pieruvre - The pattern is written in french, but I don't think it should be too hard to figure out how to make him.
- Socktopus - Very cute!
Vintage Octopus Knitting Pattern
There are sucker details on this octopus created from a vintage knitting pattern.
Other Octopus Knitting Patterns
Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini Knits
This is one of my favorite toy knitting books ever. The book contains knitting patterns for both a Squid and an Octopus, but there are also 18 other amazing knitting patterns making this a book you should add to your personal library.
Squid Knitting Patterns
- Squidoo Squid Plushie- The Squidoo Squid designed by ChemKnits.
- Giant Squid Hat - This hat is HUGE, and would obscure your face, with tentacles hanging down past your shoulders.
- Poor Mojo's Squid Hat - Two long tentacle hang down like pigtails, and there are some smaller ones like fringe around the brim of the hat.
- Squiddy Cat - Garter stitch with low amounts of detail. Should be a fast knit.
- SquidPod Ipod Cozy - VERY cute. See the ravelry page for a photo since there is no photo on the pattern page.
- Squid Shaped Phone Case - Close this phone cozy with buttons that also serve for the squids eyes.
- Squiddy -Sort of resembles a mouse... if a Mouse were dressing up like a squid!
- Cosy Squid - A squid-shaped iPod Cozy. You will need to create a free Ravelry account to view this pattern.
- Squiddy Squid Pattern - This was knit with a variegated yarn. The head is a bit pointy, with thick legs.
- Naughty Squiddy - A small project, the legs hang straight down.
- Shoney the Squid - There are a lot of details to this knitting pattern that result in a realistic knit toy.
Miscellaneous Cephelapod Knitting Designs
- Tentacular - Tentacular is a scarf constructed out of tentacles and suckers. I promise that it is cute than it sounds!
- Cthulhu Penguin - So this is a fictional octopus-like creature eating a penguin? I don't really get it... but it fits in this list!
- Nautie - Complete with a curled shell. Knitty.com patterns have never failed me yet!