- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Teddy Bear Sewing Patterns For Handmade Teddy Bears
Teddy Bear Sewing Patterns
Have you used a Teddy Bear Sewing Pattern before?
How much teddy bear making experience do you have?
4 Teddy Bear Sewing Patterns to Make Your Very Own Homemade Teddy Bears
Free Teddy Bear Sewing Patterns
Homemade teddy bears are a great way to spend your free time making handmade teddy bears that are filled with love. There are a multitude of teddy bear sewing patterns available on the internet and many of them are free for the taking, so we've compiled a list of 4 teddy bear sewing patterns to give you a project or two to do in your off time.
1. Sebastian 9" Homemade Teddy Bears - This is one of the free teddy bear sewing patterns that is truly adorable. The plush 9" teddy bear comes with detailed lists of materials and an easy pattern that gives you all the tools to make homemade teddy bears in no time at all.
2. Bonjour Teddy Bear Sewing Pattern - Another of the free homemade teddy bears patterns, the pattern comes with a cute little quirky name that is a French colloquialism. The 8.5 inch bear has an easy to use teddy bear sewing pattern with a complete list of supplies, materials and directions.
3. Baby Pip Homemade Teddy Bears - Again, another of the free teddy bear sewing patterns. This adorable teddy bear pattern comes with all the information you will need as well as a completely cute guide, including pictures, which you just can't help but smile at.
4. Recycled Teddy Bear - For those who are eco-friendly, this is one of the teddy bear sewing patterns that can be done solely with old 100% wool sweaters. The homemade teddy bear is too cute and has an adorable quality to it that every child will love.
Scroll down to see 5 more free Teddy Bear Sewing Patterns as well as a video showing instructions on how to make a teddy bear.
Teddy Bear Sewing Patterns
A Teddy Bear Book - Make Handmade Teddy Bears
A very detailed and easy to understand reference book for teddy bear artists of all levels.
Beginners to experienced teddy bear artists will learn something new from this thorough book which includes amazing photos, easy to follow step-by-step instructions, great ideas and many extremely helpful tips.
Teddy bear artists are raving about how great this book is; full of teddy bear sewing patterns, lots of information on techniques, and many creative suggestions to help you made handmade teddy bears.
Click on the link below to purchase now.
Teddy Bear From A Sock
Sock Teddy Bear Patterns - How To Make A Sock Teddy Bear
Making a teddy bear from a sock is a very fun way of turning a regular pair of socks into a fun craft activity! Use any colored socks you'd like your sock teddy bear to be, then choose a sock teddy bear pattern from one of the links below.
1. How To Make A Sock Teddy - This sock teddy bear tutorial will have you making an adorable sock teddy bear in no time. Fun, easy and cute!
2. My First Sock Teddy - Step-by-step instructions on how to make a teddy bear from a sock, including pictures showing each step.
Classic 18 and 22 Inch Stuffed Bears with Clothes Simplicity Sewing Pattern BUY NOW
Kwik Sew K3246 Teddy Bears Sewing Pattern, Size Large and SmallBUY NOW
Teddy Bears And Toys Sewing Patterns by Burda Creativ Sewing PatternsBUY NOW
16-Inch Bear, Rabbit and Lamb Sewing PatternsBUY NOW
Teddy Bear In 3 Sizes Sewing PatternsBUY NOW
Teddy Bear Sewing Patterns by SimplicityBUY NOW
5 More Free Teddy Bear Sewing Patterns
To make your very own handmade teddy bears
1. Sew Bear-y Sweet Pumpkin Teddy -- The eyes and nose are threaded in this free teddy bear sewing pattern, which includes instructions on how to make this teddy as well as diagrams displaying how to make the stitches referenced in the instructions. This super cute Teddy Bear is adorned with blush to the cheeks, a kerchief around his neck and his very own hand crafted pumpkin.
2. Goldie - A 13 1/2" Teddy Bear-- The mohair fabric used in this beginner's level Teddy bear sewing pattern gives it a soft inviting look that says "Come hug me". And, the glass eyes and shiny nose gives this 13 Â½" Teddy Bear an adorable cuteness and character. Instructions are given on how to shine the embroidered nose after applying wax to it. As stated on this website: Pattern intended for entertainment and educational use only.
3. How to Make a Panda Teddy Bear Sewing Pattern-- Even though Panda's are not bears you will still enjoy using this "How To Make A Panda Teddy Bear Sewing Pattern" to handcraft this very cute Panda Teddy Bear. This pattern is not for the novice teddy bear artist. Three Original scale pattern pieces can be printed from this website: Panda Body Pattern, Panda Arms and Legs Pattern, and Panda Head Pattern.
4. 6 inch Candy Corn Teddy Bear-- This little teddy bear is only 6" which means he's small enough to fit into the palm of your hand or even in your purse - so cute! His tri-colored fur resembling candy corn is what makes this little guy unique! The instructions include hand drawn diagrams showing how to assemble the cotter pin joint, creating a ladder stitch, how to securely close the neck and more.
5. Howjoyful Teddy Bear -- This down loaded Teddy Bear Sewing pattern makes one very sweet bi-colored Teddy Bear. Fleece is the suggested material to make this teddy very soft to hug and hold. Detailed instructions on how to make this cutie as well as photos are provided explaining everything from tracing the pattern pieces onto your fabric to how to finish the face details. This pattern is not recommended for beginners.
Continue scrolling down for links to websites that provide tutorial step-by-step instructions on how to make Teddy Bears as well as a how to make a Teddy Bear video.
The Complete Book of Teddy-Bear Making TechniquesBUY NOW
Teddy Bear Magic: Making Adorable Teddy Bears from Anita Louise's Bearlace CottageBUY NOW
Making and Dressing Traditional Teddy BearsBUY NOW
Making and Dressing Miniature Teddy BearsCHECK PRICE
Making Traditional Teddy Bears: Featuring 12 Collectible DesignsBUY NOW
Creating Miniature Teddy Bears (International Artists' Designs)BUY NOW
5 Web Sites With How To Make A Teddy Bear Instructions
Handmade Teddy Bear Tutorials
Once you've acquired the knowledge of creating basic jointed teddy bears you are on your way to making many more professional looking teddy bears!
1. Jointed Mohair Teddy Bear This is a step-by-step beginner's guide showing you the basics of teddy bear crafting with instructions and pictured tutorials, as well as a list of necessary materials. With the purchase of this traditional teddy bear pattern you will learn how to make Pip, an adorable 9" fully jointed mohair teddy bear.
2. How To Make A Jointed Teddy Bear This site provides step-by-step instructions explaining how simple and fun handcrafting jointed teddy bears can be. A list of 'Things You'll Need' is provided and 'Tips and Warnings' are shared at the end of the instructions to help ensure your teddy bear making learning experience is a pleasant one. A pattern is not provided with these instructions.
3. 12" 5 Way Jointed Teddy Bear Beginner's instructions are provided for this very easy to make 12" 5 way jointed teddy bear. This very cute teddy bear with a round fat tummy is designed for sitting. A list of materials is provided as well as instructions on preparing the fabric and pattern. Tips based on experience and large photos are shared with each step throughout the entire tutorial. The pattern is provided at the end of the tutorial.
4. Sock Teddy Bear A very fun and easy to follow step-by-step tutorial is provided to make this adorable sock teddy bear. A material's list is provided, which includes 2 different colored socks used as the material to make this cute and unique teddy. Great photos show each step along the way to completion.
5. 8" Jointed Teddy Bear A free pattern is provided with this tutorial to make an 8" teddy bear. When printed the pattern should fit onto an 8 1/2" X 11" piece of paper. All the instructions are provided to make this teddy bear, as well as information on how to make the finishing touches.
Scroll down to learn how to make a jointed teddy bear by watching the video below.
Design Your Own Teddy Bear - Handmade Teddy Bear Making Techniques
This informative book, containing a wealth of information, is recommended for beginners as well as experienced teddy bear artists.
It takes you through step-by-step instructions, so you'll know just what to buy and how to use it. And there are lots of high quality pictures which help.
The best thing about this book is on top of all the information already provided it also gives lots of helpful, useful tips, on designing your own handmade teddy bear.
Whether you're looking to use a pattern to create handmade teddy bears or have a desire to design your own teddy bear with lots of unique character and personality, this book is definitely a must! Click on the link to purchase now.
When's A Good Time To Sew Teddy Bears?
Sewing teddy bears is fun. But let's face it, we all have our own reasons for making handmade teddy bears.
Sometimes we just need a creative outlet, a creative way to express ourselves with color, fabric and sewing skills. Sewing teddy bears is perfect for this because as teddy bear artists our creativity produces something beautiful, adorable and loveable - a handmade teddy bear. We can pick out any teddy bear sewing pattern, use any color or texture fabric, and simply have fun creating something unique.
At times we may feel the need to hand make a gift for someone special in our life. Taking the time to pick out that certain teddy bear sewing pattern, matching it with the perfect fabric to match the teddy's personality, and then taking the time to sew that unique handmade teddy bear - let's that person in your life know just how special they are to you.
We sometimes sew teddy bears when we want to help others. Teddy Bears can help children in need. They are soft and huggable and are just the right size for children to hold onto, they also make good transitional objects.
Sometimes just taking the time to donate handmade teddy bears can be the best reason for sewing teddy bears.
Handmade Teddy Bears Are Awesome! - Teddy bear artists share pictures of their handmade teddy bears
Below are several links to pictures of beautiful handmade teddy bears.
- Sweet Teddy Bear
Handmade and fashioned with rayon art silk. Unique and high quality. A real precious teddy bear to own.
- Handmade Long Hair Teddy Bear
Small pieces of leftover fur fabric was used to make this 'first time' teddy bear from a traditional pattern. Partially hand sewn.
- Toffee - Basic Teddy Bear
Original handmade mohair teddy bear.
- Teddy Bear for Amelie
Beautiful handmade teddy bear, fully jointed, embroidered nose and made with acrylic fur. Adorned with a pink ribbon
- Hand Made Teddy Bear
This gorgeous jointed teddy bear is 10" tall and made with mohair
- Teddy Bears All In A Row
So cute, with such precious faces. And, all are handmade.
- Beach Boy Bears
All dressed up and ready to hit the waves.
- Good Luck Bear
Sweet and precious handmade teddy bear.
- A Handmade Teddy Bear Named Hershey
Very cute 'first time' jointed, handmade teddy bear, and made of mohair.
- Xiao An 8.5" Handmade Teddy Bear
An adorable 8.5" teddy bear handmade with mohair.
How To Make A Teddy Bear - With A Teddy Bear Sewing Pattern
Teddy Bears - Why We Need Them
The history of teddy bears goes back to the early 1900s, starting an enduring love affair to last for years. Soon teddy bears were mass produced making them available to everyone.
Our love for teddy bears is unconditional; as evidenced by the tattered and torn, one eyed, tired looking teddy's that are kept by children and adults alike. Even when in the worst of conditions they still wield magical powers of love and friendship.
The soft and comforting magic of teddy bears can help to alleviate anxiety and stress in children. And because they help to sooth hearts and minds of little ones they are sometimes used by police and firemen to soften the blow of trauma.
Teddy Bears have been known to improve communications skills with children during counseling sessions. Sometimes it's just easier to share your stories with a playmate.
Becoming a collector of teddy bears can be a very fun and satisfying hobby. Simply enjoying your collection of teddy bears can help to improve the quality of ones life.
Send Handmade Teddy Bears - To Those In Need
Children in distress often need comforting, and teddy bears are great companions for hugging and holding. So, after crafting handmade teddy bears with lots of love and care why not donate to someone in need? The organizations listed below accept new teddy bear donations.
Dab The Airs Bear Project gives teddy bears to children with AIDS and HIV
Donation Town will help you locate a charity close to home
Teddy Bear Love Club is a charitable organization in Australia that supports parents of pregnancy and infant loss.
No Sew Teddy Bear Making Kits
A quick way to make handmade teddy bears
These no-sew teddys are just the 'skins' (unstuffed) and come with a zippered back. Just use your own stuffing, zipper, and you're done!
15" Heart Nosed Teddy Bear Make Your Own *No Sew* Stuffed Animal Kit w/ T-shirtBUY NOW
Purple Bear 8" - Make Your Own Stuffed Animal Kit w/T-shirtBUY NOW
8" Caramel Bear Cub Make Your Own *NO SEW* Stuffed Animal Kit w/ T-shirtBUY NOW
Handmade teddy bears are soft, cuddly, and huggable