- Arts and Design
Original Vintage Photographs
Original Vintage and Antique Photographs
Follow my fan page on Facebook All Vintage Photographs
You will find original antique and vintage photographs here. I love photography especially black and white and what better way to enjoy it than by the original items. This lens is dedicated to vintage photographs my great love. It is wonderful how the use of simple black and white captured our memories in such great detail over the years.
Visit my blog to follow a variety of great art Inspired Ambitions
The End of An Era
Today everybody likes to take photos and they do take photos. Before the digital era it was much more of a commitment to take photographs.
- First you had to have a camera which at one time was a luxury item. Slowly with some competition more cameras were available and they were becoming more and more user friendly every couple of years. Yes, couple of years.
My mother loved to take photographs and I remember the item on her wish list was always the newest camera. My best memory is when the Polaroid camera came out and how thrilled mom was to have an instant photo in her hand, unfortunately using a Polaroid became a super expensive hobby. Today everyone seem to have a camera or a camera phone.
- In the days before digital your next step was to get film. Film varied depending on your camera and in the case of a 35mm camera, your choices became even more divergent. Film: a hard copy of every snap of the camera.
- Next, before those precious photos were in your hands, you had to get the film developed. Either you were a professional with a dark room or like most of us you were destined to rely on the postal system and your local "Developing Shop" to mail out the film for developing. Then Kodak offered a way to get your film while cutting the middle man out. You could mail your film to them directly which provided a false sense of getting your photographs faster than leaving them in a shop. It was quite a long time before the ole one hour photo drop offs came around so you had to wait patiently and hope that you snaps came out. This step was my downfall, having to get film developed became a never ending cost factor.
- Then when you finally got your developed photographs, assuming they were good and you didn't have you thumb over the lens or moved while taking a picture you still had to organize and store the end product.
If you collect old photographs you have already noticed the care that was dedicated to keeping a photo album. The older the photographs the more love you can see in the organization and storing of the photos. As it became easier to take photos more and more boxes and bags full of unorganized photographs began to accumulate throughout the population. This is sad because an untold number of tiny bits of history has been lost. I am guilty of having too many photographs to keep organize in a decent manner. I believe it started with puberty and escalated through the school years. I now see hundreds of photos that are stuck together and nearly impossible to separate.
Today there are memory sticks filled with all kinds of images that will be the treasure to uncover for the future collectors. Unfortunately even with the use of a computer I am not as organized as I would like to be with my personal photographs.
Do You Remember? - Polaroid's
Photo credit: Brian Auer
Remember waving the photo until it dried ?
1927 MOVIE SCI FI FRITZ LANG ROBOT CYBORG
I found this great image and thought it would make a nice addition to someones collection. Especially during the Halloween Holidays. For more information click on the buy button. It will take you to the item page.
Quality Vintage Photographs
I have been trading vintage photographs on line and only online since 1999.
I was so happy to amass a wonderful collection of photographs of everyday life. Laughter & Fun to Quiet & Solace, Relaxation & Leisure to Duty & Achievement, Subtle & Abstract to Masterful & Commanding, Dreamlike & Surreal to Visually Crisp. A continual cornucopia of images to enjoy!
Leatherwood is the name my husband Dean and I chose for our homestead while visiting the Bloomsburg Fair in 1994. My photo collection is in a tiny room in our log cabin situated in the rolling country side of Schuylkill County, PA. I have always been interested in the world of black & white photography and hope to help others find the magic images they are looking for.
From My Inventory
These are from my inventory. I hope to be selling more shortly. If you are looking for vintage photographs let me know.
Cool Antique Camera - Collectible Items
Every photograph needs a camera or it will not exist. Without the use of these great old pieces there would be no great old photos.
If you are looking for vintage photographs with a specific subject matter you can add your requests below. I may have what you are searching for in my collections.
Vintage Kids Video
Sit back and enjoy some music while watching a slew of great photographs with children.
Care for your Photos
Caring for your collected vintage photographs can be real easy when you keep a few steps in mind. First you don't want them to get wet. This is pretty much a given but you do not want to have any humidity get to them because it will slowly destroy the photograph. The first thing you will notice when humidity hits the photo is that it will begin to curl. The old photo album is still a great way to save your photos. The paper you put the photo on soaks up the moisture keeping it safe. You can also save your photos in thin plastic. A thin plastic case works great because it will keep the photo from curling.
If you use plastic or a photo frame keep your old photographs out of any direct sunlight. Like moisture sun will slowly destroy your photograph. Heat is really a bad place to keep photo for it will start to dry out and crumble
Care and Identify 19th Century Photographs
If you are serious about identifying and providing the best care to old paper photographs, this is the definitive source of information. There is a chart to help when trying to determine deterioration of old photographs / deterioration of vintage photographs. This is something I would like to have but over 10 years of providing descriptions of my vintage photographs for sale on line I have built up my own words and levels of wear. It is good to have a generic glossary that can be understood by all photograph collectors.
Another great new addition to the world of photography. Nature lovers will really like this.
- Compact binocular with integrated digital camera--captures images up to VGA resolution (640 x 480)
- 10x binocular magnification, 25mm objective lens, 8x digital imaging zoom
- Menu/control panel for accessing camera functions; compatible with SD memory cards up to 1 GB in size
- Tripod socket and remote shutter cable; USB port and cable
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries
- 10 X 25Mm Folding Roof Prism Digital Binoculars
- 5-Way Keypad To Command Camera Functions
- 8 Mb Internal Flash Memory
- Field Of View: 290 Ft @ 1000 Yards
- Secure Digital Card Slot
Baby Look At Me Now
Now thats Negative
There will never be a shortage of photographs of any subject. Every one delights in taking photographs. With todays technology there are an unbelievable number out there that are digital. It is getting so fewer and fewer quality images are going to be around that have the original image with the negative which is a sure way to be positive you have an original photograph. Even as a collector it is easy to be fooled by a print that has been modified to look old. I wish I had thought to collect negatives years ago because of how easy it has become to make a print look original.
Packard - 1920s
Wishing for Someone to Celebrate With
Vintage Women Photos Video
One more fun to watch video I put together
Vintage Kid Photo Video
The final video I did ... sorry about the information that points to eBay but it is old and I was not able to edit.
Vintage Automobiles Video
Another Slide Show I Made ..... Enjoy
Most of the photos in the gallery below are available for print through the POD (print on demand) shop Zazzle. To find out more about these and many other great old photos visit my fanpage on Facebook - All Vintage Photographs . I would appreciate it if you can 'like' the page when you are there. You will then be able to see all the updates and new additions that are added each week. I try to add photographs that are related to the season and the current holidays. I just added a group of photos for the Super Bowl.
Photo Prints - Vintage Photo PrintsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Interesting Old PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
Thanks in advance and please bookmark this site.