2010 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
This Dyna Glide model is new for 2010 and is one of 9 new additions to Harley Davidson line-up. This is a Big Twin with the sleek low slung look of a chopper. The Dyna model got its start in the 1970’s which inspired this model but with a refreshed up to date look. With drag bars and forward foot controls give this bike the classic chopper look. Its name-sake wide front end, the LED stop/turn/tail light combo is new technology that keeps its chopped rear fender clean and uncluttered. This motorcycle is available in the orange-to-yellow fade flames paint scheme. The engine is finished in black powder coat with bright machined highlights on the cylinder fins and chrome-plated rocker and derby covers.
Being a female rider the first thing I look at is seat height. This bike is conducive to anyone that rides with the height being at 25.5. This is a handsome looking motorcycle that will please any rider.
Key Style Features of the Dyna Wide Glide
- The handlebar is internally wired and mounted on four-inch-high black risers.
- Black mirrors and headlamp bucket match the black risers.
- To accent the Wide Glide chopper profile the front of the fuel tank is tilted up.
- Low-slung solo seat with a separate passenger pillion.
- The license plate mount is moved to the side of the chassis.
- Paint scheme is Vivid Black, and will also be offered in an optional, limited-production Red Hot Sunglo and Vivid Black base with Flames paint scheme.
- 40-spoke laced wheels with black steel rims.
Specifications of the Dyna Wide Glide
- Displacement - 1584 cc
- Top Speed est. 125 mph
- Torque 124.75 Nm @ 3000 rpm
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Clutch: Multi-plate, wet
- EPA urban/highway: 35/54 mpg
- Brakes - Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Overall Width: 37.20 in.
- Overall Height: 47.80 in.
- Ground Clearance: 4.20 in.
- Tires Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front and rear
- *Front – GT502 F 80/90-21 54
- * Rear – GT502: 180/60B17 75V
- Fuel Capacity 4.70 gal. (17.79 L)
- Weight: road ready 665 lbs.
- Indicator Lamps: High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Warranty: 24 months
Vivid Black: $14,499
The look of this motorcycle will for Harley enthusiasts continue the long running love affair riders have had with these motorcycles. The two-tone paint scheme really sticks out along with the chrome pipes which will make heads turn. For the die-hard chopper fanatics a little customizing will turn this motorcycle into a more old school traditional chopper. If you are thinking of swapping out the handlebars check with state laws on what is legal. In most states if your hands are above the height of your shoulders is illegal. I have found talking with my male counterparts that some have gravitated for the ‘Easy Rider’ look with the ape-hanger handlebars.
As always the main thing about riding is to enjoy, explore and above all else be safe.
Happy riding and keep the rubber side down.
Motorcycle Riding, and Other Topics
- Vintage Dirt Bikes
- Vintage Dirt Bike: Hodaka
- Vintage Motorcycle, DKW (Dampf-Kraft-Wagen).
- Steve McQueen, Motorcycles and the ISDE.
- John Penton, Son Jack Penton and the Penton Dirt Bik...
- Maico Motorcycles
- Motorcycle Accessories for Women Riders.
- Being Short and Buying a Dirt Bike That is Right For...
- Advice for Women Getting Into Motorcycle Riding.
- Motorcycles for Women Riders
- Motorcycles and Riding. Blog