Are Cops Watching Your Car?
Are Cops Watching Your Car?
Top 10 Most Ticketed Cars
Fact: A big yellow Hummer H2 attracts more cops than the new Krispy Kreme down the street. Some cars are literally cop magnets, and get ticketed more than other cars. All 3 of the Scion line, the tC, xB, and xA, aimed at younger people who seem to drive a wee bit fast, are in the top ten, and so are more expensive Mercedes Benz AMG models. When you drive your car are you getting unwanted attention from cops? Chances are, if you drive one of these ten cars, yes.
- Hummer H2. Big, bold, fast, and occasionally yellow, these are the most ticketed cars on the road right now. Rumor has it, these big, fast behemoths help cops reach their ticket quota, especially at the end of the month when they have to turn in their ticket reports.
- Scion tC. These sporty little coupes are aimed at younger people who like to drive fast and stand out. Scion tC’s are relatively cheap, and that means you can afford more speeding tickets. Right dad?
- Scion xB. Wanna to stand out even more than the tC? The boxy list Scion xB delivers the young appearance you are looking for, at an affordable price. However, these lack in the horsepower department, so chances are, you aren’t getting too many speeding tickets in one of these.
- Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG. If you can afford this car, you can afford the tickets that come with it. People who buy this car like to go fast. No questions asked.
- Toyota Solara Coupe. Maybe people who drive this car get a lot of parking tickets, because this thing is basically a two-door Camry, not a speed demon. Solara coupes are also very popular, so maybe it’s coincidence these get so many tickets.
- Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG. I’m surprised people who drive these don’t outrun the cops! With an engine like this, speeding is something that is hard NOT to do.
- Scion xA. About as powerful as the xB, speeding won’t get you many tickets in one of these, but the young teenage drivers will. These are tiny cars, perfect for darting in and out of traffic in. Scion is a brand made by Toyota, so obviously, Toyotas get a lot of tickets.
- Subaru Outback. Here’s another one that more than likely is a whole passle of parking tickets. They don’t have the reputation for speed, unless its getting to the grocery store and back in a flash.
- Audi A4. The Mercedes and BMW underdog gets its fair share of tickets as well. These are some speedy cars that take after the Mercedes CLK63 AMG. One speedy car.
- Toyota Matrix. Often recognized for the first car to bring the small SUV to sedan mix. Unfortunately, it is also often recognized for raising the insurance rates of thousands of people.
Top 10 Least Ticketed Cars
Fact: Buicks and Oldsmobile’s just don’t get that many tickets. Unlike what is often portrayed in movies, little old ladies actually drive the speed limit and know how to park! However, I can’t explain the least ticketed car in America…
Have you ever gotten a ticket?
- Jaguar XJ. Jaguars are so slick; the radar guns don’t even detect them. The XJ is the least ticketed car in America. If you have a Jaguar, then you know how to drive, know how to park, and have a radar detector…
- Chevrolet Suburban. These huge aren’t going to break any speed records… ever. Suburbans are used for hauling boats and trailer, not speeding. No wonder it’s the second least ticketed car in America.
- Chevrolet Tahoe. Similar to the most ticketed car, the H2, these just don’t attract the police. Maybe that explains why I see so many Tahoe police cars.
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500. Let’s face it. These are super heavy duty trucks used on work sites; not super fast race cars. This is really no surprise to see on this list.
- Buick Park Avenue. Most commonly found driving down, well, Park Avenue; not doing 60 in a 30. Now discontinued, these were aimed at the senior class of drivers. And guess what - Those are the people who are driving them!
- Mazda 6. A large, but sporty sedan with plenty of “zoom-zoom” as promised by Mazda, they also come with very few blue and red lights in the rearview mirror.
- Buick Rainier. This was almost a luxury SUV that was nothing special. It just isn’t the type of car that the drivers will get tickets in. Now they are discontinued and will be getting even fewer tickets I’m sure.
- Oldsmobile Silhouette. First of all, it’s an Oldsmobile minivan. Second of all, it’s surprising to see that anybody is still driving one. This isn’t the typical soccer mom minivan either; this is the dinosaur of all minivans.
- Buick Lucerne. This car isn’t cheap when you buy it, but afterwards all you have to pay for is gas. Drive this car and you have a good chance of not getting any tickets.
- GMC Sierra 1500. Work truck and everyday truck. It doesn’t matter what you use it for, you probably won’t get any tickets. Work trucks in general don’t get many tickets. Maybe they are too slow…
(I’m not sure when this was recorded, but it was recently.)