Before you Begin, Start off With a Good Title!
Creating a good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements and a poor title, you will have a difficult time garnering search traffic.
A good title:
- Is a common search term used when people conduct queries on your topic
- Is clear, concise, descriptive, specific, and sounds organic
- Does not repeat keywords - don't, don't keyword stuff your title, subtitles, or text!
- Matches your content
Lastly, type your title into Google and see what articles show up as the first results. If you can beat the results with a better, more informative Hub then go for it! If not, we recommend trying a new title or choosing another topic.
For more information on crafting a good title, check out our Learning Center guide on title creation.
High-Quality, Long-Format Content Is King!
Today's online writing world is incredibly competitive! In order to build trust with search engines and build a following, online writers have to be exceptional. To increase your chances of success, we recommend that your Hubs:
Be Sure to Include Lots of Photos!
Keep Your Readers on Your Hub!
Those searching for information on autos are probably looking for an answer to a specific question.
When beginning a Hub, we recommend jumping right in and letting your readers know that you are going to answer that question and more!
Some things you might do when opening your Hub:
- Answer the question of your title right off the bat so that your readers don't hit the dreaded back button to continue searching on their topic somewhere else
- Share some fascinating statistics or facts about the subject you are covering
- Explain why you are particularly well suited to be writing a Hub on this subject
- Give a brief overview of the information you will be covering in greater detail below
Always Use High-Quality Photos
Be Sure to Use Search-Friendly Subtitles
Though capsule subtitles are entirely optional, including them in your Hubs and making sure they are search friendly can make your Hub even more likely to be found via search engines (and this is how most Hubs gain traffic).
What is a search-friendly subtitle?
- A subtitle that is short and descriptive (e.g. Battery Life of Electric Cars)
- A subtitle that matches common search terms (e.g. How Long Will it Take to Recharge My Tesla S?)
In other words, you should craft subtitles for capsules the same way you craft a title for your Hub!
Don't Forget Video!
If, in the midst of some auto research, you came across a great video, don't hesitate to add it to your Hub! It might entice readers into staying with your page a bit longer, plus it can be an excellent source of additional information on which you might not be an expert.
You might search for videos:
- Showcasing your topic in a new way - Perhaps a new product or new car that hasn't hit that market that can only be found via video
- Sharing more about your topic
- Offering tips about your topic
Add Relevant Video to Engage Your Readers
Polls Are a Great Way to Increase User Engagement!
What is the Best Electric Car on the Market?
Leave Search-Friendly Captions on Your Photos
Are you Providing Concrete Facts?
The more specific facts, tips, and figures you can add to your Hub, the better! Give your readers facts on your topic that will be interesting and useful.
- Utilizing bulleted or numbered lists is a great way to provide this information in a format that is easy to read and disseminate!
Don't Be Afraid to Do Additional Research!
Supplementing Hubs in which you share your personal tips with additional information can give them a great competitive edge. Your personal opinion is valuable. While it shouldn't be the main focus of your Hub, don't shy away from giving your Hubs a personal feel.
Going above and beyond in your Hub could give you the competitive edge that you need to beat out other articles in search!
Include Photos That Inspire Pins on Pinterest
Add Additional Capsules
Feel free to add other relevant capsules to your Hub by clicking the "Insert Capsule" icon! The following capsules could be a great addition:
- Table Capsule to share numerical data
- Map Capsule to show location-based information
- Quiz Capsule to test your readers
- Text and Photo Capsules to add additional information
Good luck and Happy Hubbing!