- Automotive Makes & Models
Books on the Chevrolet Corvair
Resources for Your Corvair
Although this unique American car was made over 40 years ago and over 1.5 million were made from 1960-69, books are very much still available on the car for restoration purposes.
You can easily own such a car by buying one on Ebay or Craigslist from anywhere between $1000-6000. I bought one from a guy in the Midwest from craigslist. Had it shipped out.
Books are usually found on ebay. That is your BEST best. Once you own the car, you need much more than the skimpy owners manual! The following books are the ones you should own for reference and How-to fix. Books on the car's history are interesting but totally optional.
- GM Chevy Corvair Chassis Shop Manual for your year
- Chevrolet Servicing the Corvair Powerglide Transmission
- Corvair for the Not So Mechanically Inclinded (Corvair for Dummies)
- The Classic Corvair
- Corvair Assembly Manual
- How To Keep Your Corvair Alive, 8th Edition
- Chevrolet Corvair, Chevy II, Chevelle Body Service Manual
- Corvair Lubricant Leaks
- Corvair Wheel Alignment
- Corvair SAE Papers
- CORSA Technical Papers
All the books are essential except for 10. They all provide information from a different angle and depending on your own expertise with this car or cars in general, they all provide valuable info and how-to-fix nuances.
The GM Chassis manuals are a must, but others are in some ways, better in explaining procedures to a newbie or a mechanic who knows little about this rear engine car. If you are one of those, you also should own 3, 5, 6, 11. Book 4 is more optional, depending what info you need.
Of the books listed, some are hard to find, like 2, 8, 9. Owning all of them give you a lot of info, much of it practicable if you are a DIY type person and most corvair owners are because few mechanics at your Chevy dealer were even born when the car was made.
Prices usually range from $10-30. Books 3,4, 6, 8, 9, 11 are written by owners of Corvairs and usually their experience and problems faced are your issues also! So, they are always insightful in some ways. Books 1,2,5,7 are official Corvair books offered to their mechanics as a reference.
- corvairproject.com - Chevrolet Corvair
- LS CORVAIR PARTS - HOME
LS is Larry Shapiro - Your new home for outstanding Corvair parts and service.
- CALIFORNIA CORVAIRS - Complete parts, repairs, and service for all Corvair makes and models.
Worldwide supplier of high-quality Corvair parts, supplies, and accessories, as well as professional on-site repair, rebuild, and restoration services.
- Clark\'s Corvair Parts - Clark\'s Corvair - Clarks Corvair Parts
corvair parts, worlds largest corvair parts supplier for 1960 thru 1969 monza, spyder, corsa model cars and more. Riviera upholstery.
- Corsa Technical papers
- Trafford Publishing: Getting your book on the fast track
the Classic Corvair
- MoPar Assembly Manuals Now Available
Buy the only licensed, perfected MoPar Assembly Manuals available online. Corvair Assembly manuals!
- Corvair Center
need fast help with a corvair problem?
- Corvair for the Not So Mechanically Inclined by Perry Moore (Book) in Crafts & Hobbies
Corvair for the Not So Mechanically Inclined A Corvair for Dummies book! If you are under 40, odds are you have never heard or seen a Corvair! Learn how to repair the most common restoration issues for the