- Do It Yourself Auto Repair
How to Clean Interiors of Cars - DIY Guide on Cleaning Car Interiors
Steps to Clean Your Car Interiors
The cleaning of the interiors of a car is as important as cleaning the outsides of a car. Cleaning the inside of a car is something that easily can get overlooked because people are mostly worried about how their car looks on the outside or they just want to save some money when going to car service. One can save the cost of a professional detailing by getting out the vacuum cleaner and a few household products.
You could also use air fresheners in the interior of your car to improve the smell. When you park your car out in the open, make sure to cover it with a canvas tarp or cloth so that it is protected from heat and inclement weather.Therefore one should keep in mind to clean the car inside out at least once in a week. Here are a few tips on how to detail your car's interior;.
Car Interior Cleaning Products
Do-It-Yourself -How TO Clean Your Car
- As the first & foremost step remove the floor mats from the car. Shake them to remove any debris sticking to them.
- Then by using the hose attachment of a shop vacuum, vacuum all seat cushions, paying special attention to the crevices where cushions meet.
- Make sure to vacuum the bottom and back of the seats. Check beneath the seats for coins and debris before vacuuming.
- Vacuum the floor of the car, including the area beneath the seats by still using the hose attachment after which we can vacuum the floor mats.
- When finished, give the mats a final shake to remove any remaining debris, and then return them to the car.
- If any fabric seat cushions or carpets are stained, use a damp towel to apply a small amount of carpet shampoo to the stain. Work the carpet shampoo into a light lather.
- Sponge away the shampoo with a damp sponge and allow to air dry. Clean all the windows using a window cleaner and newspaper or paper towels.
- Vacuum or wipe debris from the dashboard and doors.
- Spray a small amount of car-interior or vinyl protectant on a towel or rag. With the moistened rag, gently wipe the dashboard, door handles and all vinyl parts. Then allow it to air dry.
How to Clean Leather Upholstery
But with leather upholstery, one has to be careful while cleaning it. Most of the car owners are at a loss as far as the maintenance of the leather is concerned. Dust particles get collected on the seat & each time we sit, we are rubbing the dirt & grinding on to the seat which will eventually spoil the seat if not regularly cleaned.
Make sure not to use carpet shampoo on leather. Use the vacuum cleaner to clean the dust that is build on top, it is important to remember the fact that a crevice tool will easily help you to get inside those tight areas around seams and so forth. For the purpose of cleaning it is important to remember the fact that you can use the several leather cleaners that are available in the market. It is important that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions.