Cruzin Coolers or Cooler Scooters - What a Way to Get Around!
My personal pick for an electric scooter :-)
Now let's get serious and talk about Cruzin Coolers!
Kevin Beal started the company that puts an electric or gas motor into a beer cooler. What a concept. I wish I had thought of it. Now he runs a dealership in Houston, Texas that I would imagine is raking in the bucks.
Cruzin Scooters are not just for people that have mobility issues. These clever little riding ice chests are fun for all! Jay Leno's mechanic uses one to get around the giant garage where his cars are kept. Ellen Degeneres has a custom cooler scooter worth $5,000.
This Cruzin Cooler is perfect for tailgate parties at the football games, trips to the beach, camping and wherever it is that you used to drag a heavy cooler around to. Now when you travel to those giant markets, or day long events, you can keep your lunch and drinks cool as well as save wear and tear on your back, legs and feet.
The Cruzin Cooler weighs about 74 pounds and will fit in the trunk of a car or in the back seat. If you have mobility issues affecting your back, you may want to have help lifting the scooter in and out of the car. I would flag down the nearest muscled up person I could find to help me out! You will not need a special adapter to your car like the heavier scooters or mopeds.
There are some truly cool features of the Cruzin Coolers:
- They have retractable foot pegs for when you walk around (you don't want to ram your foot into one of these when you are walking around the ice chest)
- They come in gas or electric models, but I'm sure the electric one is the best for general mobility at a fair or ball game.
- You can get a back rest seat accessory that makes the cooler look sharp.
- If you need another or a larger cooler, you can add a cooler on wheels to the back of your scooter and tow it along with you.
- Most of the cooler scooters go about 13 miles per hour, but there are bigger ones available for people to wipe out on. You can even remove the speed regulator and make your cooler go faster.
- These cute cruising ice coolers can go just about anywhere. They are very maneuverable.
- You can stick decals and bumper stickers all over them for decorations.
- The drink access lid has a built in drink holder so you can put your drink in it and still have two hands for driving.
- Cruzin Coolers hold eight pounds of ice and 24 cans of your favorite beverage.
- Electric models will get you about 10 miles, gas ones will go for 30 miles. You can also get a spare battery to take with you that will let you go another 10 miles.
- New models are being developed that will just blow you away!
Cruzin Coolers from Houston, Texas!
Where to buy a Cruzin Cooler in Houston, Texas...
Cruzin Coolers has a new and improved office! They moved there June 1st, 2012
How about a zoo train for the kids?
How about starting your own business?
You can become a dealer for Cruzin Coolers!
If you have been looking for something to sell or rent, this may be the next new fad product! They will also be a very practical item to sell to Baby Boomers - a fast growing population that will need mobility assistance.
You could set up a rental boutique at any number of venues such as:
- State Fairs
- Amusement Parks
- Local Fairs and Events
- Golf Courses
There is also a way to hook up the 1000 watt cruisers to a "train" of coolers on wheels so that an adult can pull the kids around. This would be very handy in a rehab class outing for children that have leg injuries. They would be able to stay hydrated and still go along for the fun!
A note about rental scooters
Rental scooters need a signed legal rental release. They will also need a speed limiter device so people won't go completely crazy!
Get a Cruzin Cooler Scooter Today!
The Cruzin Cooler combines two basic necessities of life, the ability to have cold food and beverage along with the means to get somewhere, without walking. Can be used at sporting events, golfing, hunting, camping, fishing etc… Drink access lid with holder make grabbing a drink a breeze. With a rechargeable, 48v, portable battery, the 1000w has a higher towing capacity, longer range and can go up steeper grades with bigger loads.
© 2012 Lela