Driving Regulation for Better Driving - Tips and Traffic Instructions to Drive Safely
Awareness About Unknown Road Rule
Driving is a skill that has to be done with great attention and with consideration for other road users. A good driver must be aware of all traffic rules, signs, signals and road markings. For most, the common road rules remembered best are maximum speed limit and to stop at all rail-road crossings. Every one is familiar with such common road rules that were acquired through the mandatory driving tests, along with a probationary license.Although such basic skills are very necessary, I have listed below some tips for safe driving that can help you avoid an accident.
Five Tips for Safe Driving
- Do not follow a vehicle too closely that is passing a fixed object. Count up to three seconds before reaching the object. In poor weather count up to six seconds.
- Always use turn signals to make other motorists aware of your intentions. It will spare you from dangerous situations.
- Driving too slowly can interrupt the smooth flow of other vehicles. Always try to drive with the flow of traffic.
- Adjust the speed of your vehicle when it is raining heavily, snowing or if it is an unfamiliar road.
- Use mirrors frequently to be aware of your surroundings there by avoid problems.
Common Driving Laws and Regulations
There are many driving laws and regulations that we really don’t realize are broken by us. They are mainly violated due to our unawareness about those rules. Listed below are a few among them. We must be aware of suchrules for our safe driving.
- Unnecessary honking- The horns of your vehicle must be honked only for the safety warning to avoid collisions.
- Dumping animals on highways- Abandoning animals on roads is a crime that is punishable with a fine as well as imprisonment.
- Smoking and carrying alcohols in vehicles-Smoking in the vehicle with a minor as passenger could be fined. Carrying a container of liquor, beer, or wine inside your vehicle is prohibited unless it is sealed, full, unopened or kept in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Passing a motorcycle in the same lane- You could be fined if you pass a motorcycle.
- Squeezing into a hole that is too small- If there is no enough space to merge, avoid it. It is considered reckless driving and you could be fined, if you are cited for not merging safely.
- Passing a vehicle to the cross walk that is not clear- Passing on the wrong side and not being careful at crosswalks is considered irresponsible driving and you could be cited with a heavy fine.
Approved Traffic Signs
Although there are over 500 approved traffic signs in use today, we must be aware of the important traffic rules. We must obey them to avoid serious accidents. Some of them are listed below:
Read more on Traffic Signs
Importance of Traffic Signs
- Safety is the main aim of traffic signs.
- Sins ensure vehicles to move at correct speed and in the correct direction.
- They warn drivers of the potential hazards they may come across on the road.
- Destinations could be easily found.
Traffic Laws that are Violated Frequently
- The most commonly broken law is driving at greater speed.
- While driving, avoid talking or texting on a hand held phone. It is a now considered to be a primary offense, with a fine.
- Most of the people are found guilty of littering while driving. The fine for it is considerably less. But try to avoid such acts and keep your surroundings clean.
- There are many passengers who distract the driver. Avoid such acts that would put every one in the vehicle at risk. There is a fine for distracting the driver.
Were you aware that someone dies in a road accident in every 14 minutes?
Driving is a privilege and it is very important for each citizen to know the importance of traffic signs. Traffic signs and signals are very essential to safe driving. Most of us are not tested on road rules, once we get our license. There is a tendency among people to forget the rules after a long period of driving. Be aware of the fact that all these rules are meant for our own safety. So obey them and drive safely.
International Driving Licence
International driver’s licence (IDL) is necessary for a person to travel abroad with confidence. It is a valuable document that identifies you as a properly licensed resident. To acquire it, a valid native driver’s licence is necessary, whether private or for commercial purposes. The person should also complete 18 years of age. No test is required to acquire it. You can apply for an international driving licence by filling out the application form and attach a copy of current valid driver license and a colour photo, by regular post mail or applying in person at the Miami headquarters offices.
Benefits of International Driving License (IDL)
- Can be used as identification world wide.
- It is necessary to rent a car in many countries.
Were you aware that someone dies in a road accident in every 14 minutes?Driving is a privilege and it is very important for each citizen to know the importance of traffic signs. Traffic signs and signals are very essential to safe driving. Most of us are not tested on road rules, once we get our licence. There is a tendency among people to forget the rules after a long period of driving. Be aware of the fact that all these rules are meant for our own safety. So obey them and drive safely.