Honda Activa Bikes in India | Mileage | Price | Specifications| Review | Photos|Competitors
About Honda Activa
Honda Activa is a product of the company called 'Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India'. In India, it was launched in the year 2000. It has become an instant hit with its first-rated contemporary design and exemplary features that made this automatic scooter bike irresistible to the riders all over India. Since its launch in 2000, it is the top leader in the automatic scooter industry in India. It is evident from the fact that there is a huge waiting list at every Honda showroom since the demand of this elegant scooty exceeds the supply during the period of last ten years and this problem is not going to be over soon. It is safe to say that Honda Activa or Honda automatic scooters in general has brought about a revolution in the scooter bike Industry in India.
Honda Activa Rear look
Some Features of Honda Activa
- A sleek design
- Solid appearance
- Excellent pickup
- Protection against shock
- Better Mileage
- Self Start
- Anti theft protection
- Durable Metal Body
- Extra Storage Space
What to look for in a Scooty?
Everyone who is interested in purchasing scooty asks this question. A scooty is different from a car or motor bike which run with gears. So, we need to look at some specific details while purchasing scooty. Personally, I would look for the following:
- Engine Capacity: Around 110 cc-125 cc as it will provide the desired power and at the same time will help in generating high mileage. You don't just want good acceleration but good mileage as well. An engine in this range can satisfy both acceleration and mileage requirements.
- Body Structure: It is very important parameter since a symmetrical structure with weight balanced on the rear end will ensure a smooth during breakers and sharp turns.
- Body Shape: All of the scooty are feminine in structure but that does not mean men can't drive them. In fact a moderately feminine design such as Honda Activa's will look good on men. For a female rider any scooty can work as far as body shape is concerned. She has to look at other parameters for a proper selection.
- Lond Drive: I want an automatic scooter which can continuously run for 300 Km without showing any sign of engine burnout.
- Comfort: You want to make sure the scooter bike rides comfortably even on rugged roads. Honda City is rides comfortably on most surfaces.
- Fuel Tank: I would prefer a fuel tank of at least 5 liters on my scooter bike. A 5 L fuel tank will ensure the rider a 200 KM long drive without worrying about fuel shortage.
Honda Activa Photos
Honda Activa Price in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata | On Road Price
Due to geographical differences, state government policies, and transport costs the price of this automatic scooter or scooty varies along all the four major cities in India. As far as price of this automatic scooter is concerned, in the capital of India or Delhi its on Road Price is 55,000 rupees. Let us look at its price in other cities of India.
Honda Activa 109 cc Price in Major Cities in India
On Road Price(Approx)
Honda Activa Mileage | How to improve Mileage
The mileage of Honda Activa as mentioned by company on highways is 60 kmpl. This usually means the mileage will be 40 kmpl in active traffic in cities.The mileage of Honda Activa scooty depends upon various factors and some of them are driving style, nature of roads, traffic, maintenance of scooter bike etc.
How to Improve Mileage
There are some Activa owners who complain about low mileage of the scooter bike. In some cases, there may be some problem with the engine calibration but in most cases low mileage is due to the driving style of the owner. Here are some of the steps to improve mileage:
- New Scooty: If you have just purchased this automatic scooter then I will advice you not to cross 40 kmph for first 500 Kilometers or before the first service. I would advice to not cross 40 kmph before second service and 1000 km distance.
- Accelerate Slowly: This is what many drivers completely ignores. Most of the youngsters can't help themselves when it comes to riding Activa as they want to run it at storming speeds. If you want mileage then you have to accelerate it slowly especially in city area where the vehicle has to accelerate again and again due to traffic and Red lights. It does not make much of a difference on highways but in ideal circumstances scooty should slowly accelerate to 50 kmph speed in 60 minutes.
- Service: No compromises here. Take it to the service center whenever needed. It is vital that you maintain the service schedule for the first five services at least. Proper and timely service keeps the engine in tune which assists in better mileage.
- Driving in traffic: You have to learn the art of driving in traffic. If you see a big jam outside then leave your foot of the accelerator and let it stop by the road itself. Also, don't accelerate very much in the traffic as you are going nowhere.
- Red light: Whenever the signal is showing more than 20 seconds of wait then close your vehicle as every oil drop you save the better your mileage will be.
Honda Activa Specifications
Honda Activa Specifications
4-Stroke, Single Cylinder, Air Cooled OHC Engine
12V, maintainence free
Front and Rear
Spring Loaded Hydraulic Damper
Body Structure Specifications
Bone type, Rigid
Length x Width x Height
1761 x 1147 x 710 mm
Drum, 130mm dia With CBS
Drum, 130mm dia Without CBS
If you have to buy a scooty, which one will you buy?
Top three Competitors of Honda Activa
When Honda launched Activa in 2000 it was way ahead of any of its competitors. But other companies are soon catching up with Activa as far as features, design, and reliability of automatic scooters are concerned. The three closest competitors of Honda Activa are:
1. Piaggio Vespa LX 125 : Piaggio Vespa features distinct styling, luxury and retro chic appeal. This scooty is most suited to girls with its feminine design with sleek edges. It matches Activa in terms of Engine, comfort, power, and mileage but falls behind in terms of target customers since it only targets girls.
2. Mahindra Rodeo RZ : Rodeo Rz comes closest to Activa among all of its competitors since all type of customers can ride it irrespective of their gender. It also matches Activa in terms of power, comfort, and mileage. The only difference between Rodeo and Activa is the Brand value since Activa is a trusted product since last 13 years.
3.TVS Wego : This vehicle is launched by TVS to target male customers as well. Earlier scooty of TVS user to target only female customers but TVS wego also suits male customers with its tough looks and a rugged body. It matches Activa as far as engine, power, and mileage are concerned but falls behind Activa in terms of reputation and brand value.
Four out of five
Honda Activa Scooter Review
I would give it a 4 out of five stars. I decided to rate it on three parameters which are
1. Reliability: This is a solid machine which will run on and on. With its strong engine it is able to cover long distance travelling with ease. It will never let you down as far as reliability is concerned.
2. User Comfort: It has one positive and one negative here. It is comfortable as far as driving it on roads is concerned but users have to be very careful on how to drive it else it can make you pay with low mileage. Users have to make sure all the time that they have to drive in a specific way to get maximum mileage. But hey that's the issue with most vehicles.
3. Service and Maintenance after purchase: Honda brand name is enough to give full marks as far as service and maintenance after purchase is concerned. One can also reapply for the service if he find some problem with the outcome of service.
You may also want to see
- How can Indian students earn a part time income using Bubblews
This hub is especially fabricated for Indian students who want to earn a part time income online to pay off their college and book fee.
- How to get permanent freedom from stress
This article will describe about various teachings from Hinduism Book called Bhagwad Gita which teaches us how to live life stress free.
- 3 ways to improve health Naturally
© 2013 Kkavya Sharma