- Do It Yourself Auto Repair
How Do I Open The Hood Of My Ford Focus?
How To Open The Hood
The reason this baffles so many people is because the hood release on most cars within the interior of the car. Normally it would be some kind of latch under the steering column.
So if you have found yourself searching left, right and centre looking for a latch within the interior of your car, then you are not the only one.
Opening the hood of you Focus is very similar to opening the trunk of your Focus.
- First you must be standing outside the vehicle facing the hood from the front.
- Crouch down and rotate the Ford badge so it lifts up and round.
- This will reveal a lock which you must insert you car key like you would the boot or the ignition.
- Rotating the key will release the hood so you are now free to maintain and repair your Focus.
This kind of hood release is not only used on the Ford Focus, it is now used on the majority of the Ford Models so the same method will apply.