How to Use Toothpaste to Clean Your Headlights
I just learned this nifty little trick a few months ago but honestly had forgotten all about it until I noticed my headlights were looking "foggy" again.
I decided to try it again and to my pleasant surprise; realized it wasn't a fluke that it had worked the first time!
This, as with anything else, is not a complete guarantee that your headlights will look perfectly brand new but you will be able to see the difference which means others on the road will too.
What You Will Need
1 Tube of Fluoride Toothpaste
4 Washcloths (2 for each headlight)
How to Apply Toothpaste to Headlight
Squeeze a generous amount of toothpaste to a washcloth.
Spread the toothpaste over the headlight in a circular motion until the entire headlight is covered.
Using a damp, but not soaking washcloth, rub the toothpaste off the headlight, again in a circular motion.
With the other side of the washcloth, clean the remaining toothpaste excess off of the headlight in a straight across motion.
Repeat with other headlight.
More Car Care Tips
Some of these you may know and some you may not:
1) Use newspaper with the window cleaner instead of cloths that leave streaks and cloth particles behind. Newspaper is an effective, non-streaking method to cleaning your windows. (Including the mirrors and rims)
2) Use a Q-Tip to reach the creases you can't reach with a cleaning pad. Use them for the vents, the gear shift crease and those coin slots that typically hold more "gook" than coins.
3) Cut up old t-shirts to wipe down your rims. Even the softest washcloths can cause scratching of your rims and you didn't pay good money to have that happen!
4) When at the car wash, skip the hand brush. Yes, the brushes are a quick and easy way to scrub down your vehicle but they also scratch your vehicle AND eat up your time. If you use a chamois or drying cloth to dry your car off, you are removing more than the brush will anyway (and less spots left behind).
5) Save money on the air fresheners that hang from the rear view mirror. They don't last that long anyway. Buy a small bottle of your favorite body spray and spray the car whenever you are wanting that refreshing smell.