Passed Driving Test - 10 things to do next.
Full British Driving Licence
If all the good work you put in to learning to drive a car has finally paid off with a driving test pass, here are 10 things to follow up on after overcoming that dreaded 40 minutes assessment with the DSA practical car test examiner!
1. Go for a drive in your car, if you have one, don't be afraid you are going to crash, afterall you did pass the driving examination.
2. Inform your insurance company. If you don't let them know you passed the driving test, your policy might be invalidated.
3. Take a Pass Plus course. This is a driving course offered in the UK for new drivers to boost confidence, covers motorways and offers insurance discounts, there are no tests to take at the end.
4. Know your local parking restrictions if you have a car and the location of car parks and the operating times. You don't want you new car towed away because you parked in the wrong place, remember your theory test information.
5. Learn some basic car maintenance checks for your car, this includes how to fill up with petrol and oil, change a tyre etc. You will need that show me tell me information you learnt for the driving test.
6. Know where your local petrol station is located and make sure you know the petrol gauge on your car is working
7. Get road assistance breakdown cover for your car. You never know where your murphy might strike next.
8. Take an advanced driving test (IAM, RoSPA, DIAmond) if you need more driving challenges.
9. Buy a car! Well why did you pass the driving test .
10. Tell your friends you have passed, and recommend your driving instructor if he was key to your passing the driving test.
Congratulations on passing your driving test, go out and enjoy your new found freedom, drive safely, remember you are still learning and if you are in the UK, then you have 2 years of probation to get through. 6 points on your new licence and you are a learner again.
If your provisional licence was sent off to the DVLA by the DSA examiner and after 3 weeks you haven't recieved your new full UK driving licence, you should give the DVLA a call on the number printed on the reverse of your pass certificate.