How To Stay Safe On Your Snowmobile
We all love to get outside and take a ride on our snowmobile when it snows, but often times we neglect safety measures that should be taken. Here are some tips to keep you safe on the trail.
- Wear A Helmet! This is common sense. Not only does it protect your head from injury if something were to happen, but it keeps your head warm, and the wind out of your face. You can purchase a modular helmet to help keep the moisture out as well.
- Dress Warmly. Obviously if you are riding a snowmobile, it's cold. Depending on where you are decides just how cold it is. If you're in Alaska, you will need much warmer clothing than if you were in Pennsylvania. Be sure to dress in layers, tucking everything together to prevent the wind from entering and hitting your body. If you were to break down, hypothermia could be a very real threat, but if you are dressed correctly, you will be less likely to fear that from happening.
- Pack an Emergency Kit. Again, it will be cold if you're riding the snowmobile. Make sure to have extra food, water, a tow rope, a map, whistle, etc. to help you survive in the woods for a few days. Getting lost is possible, but being prepared is a life saver.
- Know Your Limits. If you don't want to go over that bridge because it's too narrow, DON'T. That is when accidents happen. Don't push yourself just to keep up with more experienced riders. Ask for help. Someone will help you out.
- Avoid Drugs & Alcohol While Driving The Snowmobile. This is a no-brainer. They don't mix.
- Make Sure You Have Oil & Gas (And A Reserve Amount If You Can). Snowmobiles need oil and gas to run. Make sure both fluid levels are full, and bring reserves if you have room.
- Don't Break Trail If You Don't Have To. Groomed trails are there for a reason. The snow on the sides of the trail is very deep and you can easily bury your machine, and it's hard to get out, especially with few people.
- Ride With a Buddy. It's always good to have someone with you, just in case something happens. Plus, it's more fun with the more people you have.
Most of these are common sense. Use yours and you'll be safe on the trail!
Want To Learn More About Snowmobiles? Check Out My Links:
How to Stud Your Snowmobile Track With a Pattern
Preventative Maintenance & Tips for Keeping Your Snowmobile On The Trail Instead Of Off
Should I Choose A Ski Doo or Polaris Snowmobile?
Snowmobile Parts & Accessories
- Ski-Doo Snowmobiles - BRP Snow Sleds | BRP Ski-Doo
Ski-Doo Sleds - The number 1 snowmobile in the world for performance, quality, style, comfort, manoeuvrability and innovation. - BRP Ski-Doo
- Sports Clothing, Athletic Shoes & Accessories | Free Shipping Available | Under Armour®
Empowering athletes everywhere, Under Armour delivers the most innovative sports clothing, athletic shoes and accessories. Free shipping available in US.
- Polaris ATV, RANGER, Snowmobiles, Victory Motorcycles Website
Check out the complete lineup of Polaris Snowmobiles with Terrain Dominating Control, Victory Motorcycles - The New American Motorcycle, RANGER Utility Vehicles -Hardest Working Smoothest Riding, RANGER RZR Side By Side Vehicles - Razor Sharp Perform
- AMSOIL - Synthetic Oil, Motor and Engine Oil, Lubricants, Air Filters, Oil Filters and Greases
Manufacturer of synthetic oil, premium synthetic lubricants, synthetic motor oil, synthetic engine oil, gear lube, gear oil, greases, compressor oil, oil and air filters, synthetic diesel oil. Online store for home delivery.
- Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry, tools & hardware, housewares, furniture, sporting goods, beauty & person
- eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping
Buy and sell electronics, cars, clothing, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, digital cameras, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Sign up and begin to buy and sell - auction or buy it now - almost anything on eBay.com