- Car Safety & Safe Driving
Talking in my Car
I have a confession to make. I talk in my car, don't know for sure if I am talking to myself, or the other people, I promise, I am not Crazy, or at least I hope not, just being Communicative on my long Commute. Most of the time, I'm not even mad, just VENTING, as you call it.
And even though I love to drive,I've only been driving since 2003. I feel like Captain Kirk on the SS Enterprise. To boldly go where no WOMAN has gone before, but in reality sometime,it's like if the ship had to depend on Dr. McCoy( Bones) to sit in instead of famous James Kirk or Spock. I feel Driving is a Privilege, and a Honor, also a Responsibility.
45 minutes to an hour drive I don't take the Free Way, of course I take the creepy road to my job.
But I love to drive,and it is ALWAYS interesting to me. And just like the SS Enterprise,it's a new voyage everyday.
This is how interesting it is;
- "Ahhhh!" My headlights shine on a man walking limping on the side of the road, this FREAKIN' scares me!!! You would think I would get used to this on this road, but nope. And of course I think of the movie Night of the Living Dead. I swear they look like a Zombie!
- "Oh, I'm so sorry little squirrel."
- "Nice truck,Dude" I have been known to give a happy thumbs-up on nice vehicles.
- "At least go the speed limit."
- "Watch out People, there's a Cop back there." I blink my lights at them, then I look in the the rear view mirror, and they have slowed down, this makes me happy.
- "Thanks, for the blinker, bud." NO blinker
- "Come on, you piece of Crap." Talking to my car.
- "That's it Baby." Also talking to my car.
And I have a Love-mostly-Hate relationship with the lady on the Bluetooth. She almost made me cry one time. When you first get a No Hands Device and you have to set it up or program it, beware,because my accent was so strong she would not accept any of my family's names, very frustrating.
If you can't drive and you have to depend on someone else, it hurts your pride. It did mine. So I learned to drive, but sitting in to take the driver's test, it was un-nerving, everyone else was 16 or 17.
Happy Driving and be Safe
Do you talk to people in the other vehicles? Chime in folks, what do ya say?
- How to use Bluetooth
Bluetooth is becoming more and more common and useful in today's society. This page is for those who may need basic tips on how to use it.