- Car Safety & Safe Driving
Technology can be Dangerous-Beware of Keyless Ignitions
This past week there have been Deaths. People thought they had turned off their cars off but they hadn't. This happened in Boca Point,Florida.
They died of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
As Florida police impounded their Toyota with it's keyless ignition, Adele and Mort Victor didn't have to pay the ultimate price of just driving their car. When I read this I thought of one of my close friends at work, "Oh no, I have to tell my friends about this!" So here I am writing a hub about this, because I think each and every one of you on HubPages are my friend. That's just how I am. I feel like we are a Community, and ya have to sound the alarm sometimes,even though you are up against Toyota and other manufacturers.
And another lady, Mrs. Mary Rivera, barely escaped death even though her husband died of the Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.This was in Long Island,N.Y. 2009. Actually her own brother saved her life because he couldn't get in touch with her on the phone. She said that she was used to her car and drove it all the time,but she Mrs. Rivera said she THOUGHT she had turned the car OFF.
Over 150 car models now have the Keyless Start.
Some Manufacturers say that they have an alarm to warn the driver if he or she leaves the car without shutting it completely off. I sometimes get the New Car Fever, and I see a lot of new cars, and I haven't seen this option, but then again, I did not know about this either. But how much ya want to bet I will ask about it next time I look at new cars.
There have been 6 deaths involving push-button starters, and this is from the Center for Auto Safety's executive director Clarence Ditlow. Someone asked him if it was the drivers fault. He said Yes, but it is so easy to forget.
We need to go back to the Drawing Board as we used to say in the old days, to reduce the danger, to adjust the starter, or just go back to KEYS.