Things to Consider Before Driving
Is driving one of your favorite activities to do? Does it bring you joy? Driving is something we can enjoy doing with. Traveling in different places, traveling with different companions in different occasions is just few of the fun that driving can give. Driving is also important in the sense that, it does not only for recreation in traveling, but as well as, for living and emergency purposes. So, it is important to learn how to drive. But, in the nature of life that we have here, not all things are all positive the way we would want. There are scenarios that we would never ever want. Those are the time when people mostly coursed anything, or anybody who can be blamed though, there some aren't meant to be happening. In fact, here in the Philippines, in the year 2006 the Country’s National Police states that there is a total of 15,064 traffic accidents in that year with an average of 41 accidents per day. So, to think about, that was not a good statistical report to handle with. Another think is that, what are the causes anyway? So, here’s a summary of what are the reason for the numerous statistical result in the year 2006.
A summary of 2006 Statistical Report of Car Accidents in the Philippines
Cause of Accidents
Number of Accidents
Hit and Run
Use if Cellular Phones
Something to stick on your car
Do you like to drive?
From the table above, there are a lot of causes why car accident occur. Most which is the number one spot in the rank; Driver Error. wherein, this article would focus more in the perspective of the driver. So, here are some things people must consider before or while driving:
- It is important for a driver to focus on what he does, which is driving. Focusing means you are putting your mind and soul on what you do. Same goes as ensuring the safety of your passenger and yourself. Driving without focus would result into a devastating situation such as accidents and loss of control, since, you’re out of focus, and your mind is busy doing other things which accumulate other definition in your brain as to what you should do when times that you’re in danger. So, focus. It also the main idea and basic stem of the whole article as driving is concern.
2. Don’t text
- Driving does not only require proper focus but as well as, avoid doing other things as mentioned, specifically to text. According to a study in America with its 2800 respondent, there are at least 37% or 1/3 of those drivers receive and send text messages while driving and 18% of them do it regularly that increases the risk of a car accident. And, composing a text message is riskier than reading a message.
3. Don’t make or answer a call
- Text wasn't the only thing that we should avoid while driving. We also must evade answering or making a call. Here in my Country back in 2006, over 15,064 car accidents, 91 of them are due to phone calls which rank’s at 12th position. To think about it, this article is about driver’s focusing attitude while driving. But, in this situation, focus is once again loss. While we answer or making a call while driving, our state of mind transfers from a driving mode to comprehending and communication mode. A mode where our brain is processing both direction and communicating skills. So, if we are doing this things the same time, a possible accident would more likely to occur (that I wish won’t). Moreover, a teenager’s ability to react on situation can be slower than a 70 year old man. I like watching movies and shows, wherein, most of the situation of a lead role’s accident are cause of answering a call while driving. So, for our safety, we should avoid answering and making calls.
Do you drive while your drunk?
4. Don’t drive under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- I mentioned above that a total of 284 car accidents are under the influence of alcohol. Therefore, for your safe travel, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL, and if you are left with no choice but to drink one, just assure to drink only at a minimal amount that your body and mind can handle while you drive. Also, never drive while you are under the influence of illegal drugs. It may take you high but it will be as high to heaven if you will. So, remember, everything becomes slower when alcohol takes over your mind.
5. Don’t flirt while driving
- Being seduced or seducing someone can affect our mind’s state of focus on whatever activity we are doing. Specifically, while driving, flirting, which is close to seductive activity can be a cause of your car accident. So, if I were you, just get a room or a place where you and your partner can have fun, completely, lively and worthy.
6. Don’t argue while driving
- I also included this one sine, focus is also loss, distracted from driving to be specific, as you argue, it is normal for you to reach the very top of your temper. Like a volcano in its very end in exploding everything that it keeps from years. So, what happen is that, the possibility of so much anger can cause the very risk of car crash. I know, I don’t need to elaborate about it because you’ll be imagining it out yourself right now right?
I could go on and on with other factors that can cause for an individual to suffer in a car accident. But, driving is such an enjoyable thing to do in life? Traveling with the people that you love is something so special that can only defined in a moment. So, for those moments to be continued for more, safety first must be considered. It’s a must my friend. Just remember the word FOCUS. Driving requires 100% Focus for a safety travel assuring to avoid a risk in life and money. I only enumerated six (6) and I hope it would always stay in all of us to remember the things we should avoid doing while driving, alcohol, illegal drugs, texting, phone calls, arguing and seducing someone or being seduced.