ChristinS profile image 94

Should school buses be required to have seatbelts for children over a certain age?

My son was in a bus crash and I can't help but believe that the children who were so badly injured may have been less hurt if seat belts were on the bus. The argument against seat belts is it's easier to evacuate smaller children in an emergency without them. My argument is when an irresponsible bus driver rear ends a semi with a bus full of 6th graders, it helps the situation if they aren't all tossed about like rag dolls. I can see some of both sides, but as a whole I think seat belts would be the safer option. What are your thoughts and why?

pippap profile image93

pippap says

Lisa HW profile image83

Lisa HW says

mjkearn says