CrazedNovelist profile image 89

My Car needs a new motor... what should I do?

My car needs a new motor and I don't have the money for it. Should I sell the car and save for another car or attempt to find a cheap way to fix it?? It's a '91 Volvo 240...

brittvan22 profile image78

Best Answer brittvan22 says

• CrazedNovelist profile image

A.E. Williams (CrazedNovelist) 5 years ago

I had an internal oil leak that got down into the pistons. The mechanic said the damage was too great and the whole motor needed replacing. I was at my wit's end. Luckily I have awesome friends that will see that I get to work.

cat on a soapbox profile image85

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

pyrotics profile image59

pyrotics says

• CrazedNovelist profile image

Yeah I've been told. Newer Volvos are manufactured here in America, but mine is old... made in Sweden. I didn't even ask about the price because I've put too much money it it already.