prbradshaw profile image 73

What do you think is the best classic car?

Looking for ideas for an entry level (budget AU$10k) classic car from the 60's, 70's or 80's, with good performance & handling.

mgeorge1050 profile image81

Alan (mgeorge1050) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 3 years ago

That is a fine ride and a great choice. With the advent of new emission controls and loss of horsepower we saw the 427 & 454 introduced in that era for the SS. Amazing horsepower. Grouped with a turbo 400 the package ruled the streets with ease.

• prbradshaw profile image

prbradshaw 3 years ago

Thanks Tsmog,

I really like the Z series as well, I'm based in Australia and there are quite a few still around here, so I might do some research into them now. Corvettes and Mustangs are not too common here so prices high. Thanks for the suggestion.

chef-de-jour profile image88

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 3 years ago

I am a big fan of the Triumph. I fell into love with that car from a movie. From that love of the car it grew to their motorcycles. I have always been a fan of the Bonneville from the late 60's.

Penny G profile image74

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 3 years ago

Nice ride! The lines are smooth, distinct, and appeasing. Great cruiser and most effective drag car. I loved the gassers built from that car in the 60's and 70's for the NHRA and bracket racing at the local drags.

wmhoward4 profile image74

William A. Howard IV (wmhoward4) says

prbradshaw profile image73

prbradshaw says