Missing Link profile image 79

If a tie rod breaks while you are driving your car will you lose the ability to steer?

I have a tie rod problem on my front drivers side that is slowly getting worse. There is more to it than this but I don't have the expertise to explain it. It is costly to fix so I am trying to drive to get as much out of it as I can. if the tie rod breaks though while I'm driving will that make it impossible to steer or will I be able to steer it in a controlled manner to get off the road? Thank you!

Best Answer Tim Mitchell (tsmog) says

• Missing Link profile image

Missing Link 2 years ago

Thanks very much Tim! I'll try to get that fixed asap or get a decent used vehicle. The vehicle in question is a 1990 Toyotoa Corolla with 358,000 miles. Have had it since 1994 and love it but time to part with it I think--too much wrong with it.