Is there a special lubricant needed to remove the spark plugs on the 2001 Ford F150 5.4L engine?

My husband is looking to replace his spark plugs, but everyone says they have a tendency to break off or strip the treads in the block. and the aluminum block corrodes with the steel threads of the spark plug. I read your description for plug removal of the 2004 F-150 and later models, but I wasn't sure if the directions would be the same or similar for the 2001. My husband was told Ford makes a special lubricant for this job, that they wont sell to the public. I find it hard to believe that Ford has the market corned on this "special" lubricant.

WholesaleParts profile image60

WholesaleParts says

RayTheWrench profile image84

RayTheWrench says

ShangaBess says