You can try saving money in the following ways:
- Shop around to see if there are better prices
- In some places, if you have an alarm or a car immobilizer, they may give you an extra discount
- Pay for what you need, for example, if you have a brand new car (1or 2 years old), you probably don't need to pay for road side assistance - ie towing
- If you have a clean and safe driving record with no accidents, you may qualify for extra discounts as you might have to ask around
- If you can pay for your insurance all at once, then do this as opposed to having monthly installments where you will pay extra for the interest
- If you want to save more money, you may have to downgrade your car for example, a BMW to a Honda as insurance premiums are usually higher for fancier cars and cars that might get stolen
So hope this helps you save some coin. Good luck.