jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When Buying Gas for your car, do you look for the Cheapest Price or just Closest

1. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

When Buying Gas for your car, do you look for the Cheapest Price or just Closest Station?

Do you try to find the cheapest gas or do you just buy whatever is at the closest pump? Do you have any tips for finding cheap gas? How far out of your way will you go to get a few cents off per gallon?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't buy the cheapest gas because my car does not run well on it. I tend to look for gas stations with lots of pumps and room to get around - and the ability to pay at the pump rather then have to go in to pay.

Savings a few pennies is nice but won't change my lifestyle, so I tend not to go out of my way to save a few cents.

3. Djaak profile image38
    Djaakposted 5 years ago

I just choose the cheapest gas station. I am always in a hurry and cannot go around searching for the best station.

4. Cobrafan profile image78
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

Depends on what I'm driving. For my old Mustang, I always went to a specific station that carried high quality, 93 octane, no ethanol fuel. Now I'm driving a Lumina and I just fill it up when I see a cheap stations. I know the average prices around here so I just plan out my route to make sure I hit the cheapest station before I get too low on gas.

working