- Buying & Selling New & Used Cars
The Artist and the Car
Finding My Dream Car
Finding the perfect car seemed an impossible task. How do I figure out which car to buy? And how arm I going to finance my new car? It can all be so overwhelming. Since buying a car is such a huge decision, I wanted to get it right.
First, I did a little self-examination, asking myself some questions about what is important for me regarding my car. The list was a checklist that helped me narrow down my choices and find my dream car. I also found an inventive way to help finance a car. Come along for the ride and see how I did it.
"Hamster Car" Winner of Dream Car Contest for Toyota 2001
An Artist and Her Dream Car
My Dodge Dart and My Check List
I'm an artist and I have never been a car person but I am in love with my new Dodge Dart. Before I decided on the Dart, I had made a list of all the things I needed in a car. The Dart gave me all of them and one thing I didn't even know I wanted. Fun!
1) Styling: Like I said I'm an artist and I like to own things that are nice to look at. The Dart styling is beautiful both inside and out. The dashboard is great looking and the RaceTac lights are very cool.
2) Reliability: I paint landscapes on location all over the Southwest, so I am always in search of the perfect painting spot, I will go exploring on dirt roads, private farms and mountain fire roads. I feel safe driving my Dart anywhere. I remember a road between Flagstaff and Zion National Park where I did not see another car, building, or any sign of another human being for three hours. No cell phone either. If you have ever driven that stretch going from Arizona into Utah you understand why reliability is so important to me.
3) Great MPG: I can put a lot of miles on my car in one year so gas mileage is very important and with the Dart I average about 38 MPG. Better on the highway, a little less when I'm on those dirt roads.
4) Comfort: When I compare it to my last car, a Camry, it is much quieter with a smoother ride. The seats are very comfortable, great for my long road trips.
5) Storage Space: My occupation requires a lot of gear. so I need space. The back seat is roomy and the trunk is large enough to fit my frames, paints, canvases, easel, suitcase, cooler and more.
6) Fun Factor: It is fun to drive. Not being a car person, I didn't even have this on my list before driving the Dart. It is something I never even knew I wanted. The Dodge Dart handles everything with great control, hugging the road with sporty confidence. The brakes are strong and the steering responsive.
The car has become a big part of all my adventures.
Accessories for Your New Car
For my road trips I like to use my phone to research the area, find restaurant and gas stations. This mount makes it easy.
Driving through Area 51, everyone should have an alien sunshade for their car.
Even if you don't drive as much as I do, you'll want to add these seat covers for comfort. I like the Cheetah print too.
After seeing the videos of the meteor hitting the ground in Russia, it seems a great idea to have one of these mounted cameras in your car to record those mysterious lights in the sky.
Just in case you run over a nail, it doesn't hurt to be prepared for life's little problems. This kit has everything you may need.
Crowdsource Your Dart
Why didn't someone think of this when I got married? That way I could have gotten my Dodge Dart for a wedding present. Now there is a gift registry for friends and family to help you do just that. Chrysler has taken the gift registries for couples getting married, expecting babies or a graduation celebration and crossed it with a social media funding website.
The Dodge Dart Registry at RocketHub lets you customize a new Dart to your specifications and then encourages friends and family to purchase some or all of the cars parts as gifts. Grandma can buy the tires, mom and dad the engine, and Uncle Joe the radio. With fewer young drivers able to buy a car, it's an innovative way to help them purchase a new car and a lot more fun than the obligatory bath towels.
Photo from Dodge Dart Registry
Get What You Want
The Funds You Raise Can be Used to Buy Anything
Here is a list of reasons why this registry idea is the greatest way to finance your car.
1) Convenience: Instead of going to Bed, Bath and Beyond for the better part of an afternoon with an electronic scanner you can do it all on your computer from home.
2) The registry lets you add cool features like dark headlights, dual exhaust, various wheels and even interior options without being limited to any specific trim level.
3) The registry is is all linked to social media so you can share it with everyone.you know, Once registered, you have the option to connect to Facebook and Twitter to spread the word to family and friends about your desire to own a new Dodge Dart.
4) A gift registry ensures they'll be giving a gift that you really want, whether it is for birthdays, graduations or any other gift-giving moments throughout the year
5) RocketHub handles the entire crowdfunding process. Funds raised on the registry, minus processing fees, can be used to purchase a new Dodge Dart or any car you want. Yep, that's right, you get a check that you can use for what ever you want.
Purple Stars Rock
Thank you for my purple star!!!!! I am very excited to get a purple star for my lens The Artist and the Car.
Reviews For the Dodge Dart - If You Still Need Convincing
- Car and Driver: Dodge Dart
"Fiat and Chrysler's first kid is a good one." This review gives you all the dirt on how this great car was made.
- Autoweek: 2013 Dodge Dart long-term sedan review
"The Dart looks a lot like a Dodge but carries enough Alfa in its bones to make it an entertaining and sporty drive."
Dodge Dart Stuff
Part of the fun of buying a new car is customizing it so it is unique. I have one of these on my Dart.
My brother is a car enthusiast who would love this. Maybe the man in your life would too.
If you want to stop folks from parking in your space this would be great.
Model cars are fun collectables.