10 Do’s and Don’ts for Dressing for a Job Interview
To land a coveted job, you have to put your best foot forward, always. In today’s highly competitive world, it has become extremely important to leave nothing to chance. So, right from your attire to your presentation and attitude, you have to take care of everything meticulously. Since first impressions are mostly created based on the way you dress and present yourself, you just can’t go wrong with your attire. Here are 10 do’s and don’ts for dressing for a job interview.
- Wear a leather belt consisting of a traditional buckle.
- Ladies should stick with the basics like sheath dresses, pantsuits and pencil skirts.
- Wear dark socks that match your trouser.
- Wearing makeup while appearing for an interview is important, but you have to be careful about it. Apply minimal makeup as you don’t want to appear looking like a model.
- Wear a traditional-styled watch with leather band or a link.
- Avoid wearing casual shoes, including dock shoes and sneakers.
- Never wear jeans or t-shirts for an interview. It doesn’t matter how casual the culture of the company is.
- Ladies don’t wear something too revealing, too tight, no stockings, sandals or open-toed shoes.
- Avoid using strong aftershave or cologne as it may distract the interviewer.
- Every woman, appearing for an interview, wants to look important. But that should not be in a flashy manner. So, you should stay away from over-the-top jewelry and designer logos.
So, keep these in mind and appear for your job interview with confidence. Good Luck!