13 Embarrassing Signs You Need a New Trade Show Display
Is it Time to Send Your Display Stand to the Scrapheap?
Sometimes it’s easy to know when you need to invest in new equipment. When your company mobile is no longer mobile (as its constantly attached to the charger) it’s quite clear you need new kit, or if it takes your computer longer to load up than it takes you to get your morning coffee, catch up with the latest office gossip and doodle all over today’s to-do list it’s probably time to ask IT for a new one.
So what about your display equipment? When do you know it’s time to send your display to the scrapheap and start over? You’ll know it’s time if you’ve experienced any of these:
13 Signs You Need NEW
1. There is more white space than graphic images on your displays
2. Your display stand is sent a free bus pass, despite the fact it always goes in the van
3. You're still trying to work out where everything goes when you realise that you have become the pre-show entertainment
4. When your display ‘stand’ is more of a display “I need to sit down, bad back and all that”
5. The colours on your display are back in fashion – for the third time
6. All the people in your photos are wearing flares
7. When you think you see a hashtag on your graphic but realise it still refers to the # of clients you have
8. Your Twitter feed is actually a bird bath
9. Your banners are flapping in the breeze, despite the fact they are indoor displays designed to hold under tension
10. The event photographer pretends that they haven’t noticed you stand
11. The display screens are brass rubbings
12. The vibrant red you started with has become a pale pink
13. The free giveaway shown is a quill
OK, so some of those are a bit tongue in cheek but you know where I’m coming from.
Does this Sound Familiar?
How many of these signs can you identify with?
Be Embarrassed No More!
Why not take this opportunity to say goodbye to those awkward moments and hello to a happier Trade Show experience! So what are you waiting for... go get that NEW stand!
Share Your Awkward Show Moments
If you’ve had to endure any of these embarrassing moments, or experience other awkward episodes, share them in the comments.
© 2015 Ashfield Displays