- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
ENFJ Jobs and Careers - 5 Tips to Find Your Fit
Are you like the ENFJ personality type? ENFJs favor the two mental functions of iNtuition and Feeling.
- As an NF (iNtuition-Feeling), you want to empower people!
At minimum, therefore, you want a job where you have regularly challenged to help empower others.
You ENFJs are so good with interpersonal relationships that within five minutes of meeting someone you are their friend. Your ease with people can at the same time make it hard to know what of the many jobs or careers that can benefit from your skills would be best for you, and how to get started on the search for a "best" fit. Here are some tips of what to look for in a ENFJ job match that would be even more motivating and energizing for the long term, helpful for you ENFJs who can become easily wounded if your ideas meet with resistance.
ENFJs are team enablers
Two Favorite Mental Functions
Most attractive occupations:
- Religiously oriented occupations
- home economist
- musician or composer
- artist or entertainer
- dental hygienist
- physician (family, general practice)
- child care worker
1. Job Types
Jobs that fit best the ENFJ personality type are those that require
- INCLINATION: helpful fostering of the emotional, intellectual or spiritual development of others
- SKILL: facilitation of understanding among individuals and promotion of harmony within a group
- Religiously oriented positions
- The arts
This hub combines some information from the two following books, as well as from a seminar I attended.
- Introduction to Type and Careers
Get your clients involved in their own career search using MBTI results. The updated Introduction to Type and Careers provides interactive exercises and realistic descriptions to explore personality type and career matching.
2. Job Environments
A good job match will include these elements.
- Regular sharing of your ideals and clarifying of symbolic information
- Feedback about interpersonal processes
- Environment that allows for creative and innovative action
- Respect is communicated in conflict situations.
3. Information to Gather
- Facts about jobs in or from a career library
- Establish priorities
- A "short list" of the most interesting possibilities
- Introduction to Type and Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence (EQ) refers to a person's ability to control impulses, show empathy, and persist in the face of obstacles with resilience and flexibility. This new booklet explores the connections between personality and EQ.
4. Making Contacts
- Pause during interviews so that others can ask questions.
- In interviews, emphasize what contributions you can make to the organization now.
- Convey in what ways your people skills can help the "bottom line".
- When interviewed by a Sensing type, don't overwhelm him or her by too many possibilities.
5. Making Decisions
- Don't ignore uncomfortable facts.
- Systematically consider the consequences of alternatives.
- Before making a decision, take time to "cool off" to let the feelings and facts settle.
The NF as the boss:
- Spineless Bosses - NF Personality Type in Employee Management
The NF personality type, a natural nurturer, is gifted for management. They can become ‘spineless' bosses, however, because of their limited toughness with diverse team members.
Understand the people you work with
The 15 other Myers-Briggs personality types
© Ms_Dee all rights reserved