- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
15 Ways To Make Money Working From Home
Books on Working From Home
15 Ways to Make Money Working From Home
In today's world of technology there are literally hundreds of ways to make money working from home. In fact, one of the hardest things to do is to just pick an option and take action on it.
Let's explore just some of the ways you can make money working from home today
1) Freelance writing for blogs, sites such as this one, online directories, press releases and more.
2) Affiliate Marketing - which simply means you're getting paid to recommend other people's products.
3) Amazon FBA or eBay Selling
4) Building websites for companies
5) Managing social media for companies
6) Handling online and phone customer service & support
7) Designing graphics
8) Creating video's for marketing purposes for companies
9) YouTube video ads
10) Writing books and publishing on Amazon
11) Sell your knowledge and information from past experiences
12) Online research
13) Stock, Options or Forex Trading
14) Investing in real estate, tax liens or trust deeds
15) Project management for companies
Let's explore some of the details of each of these and resources for how and where you can learn more . . .
How To Avoid Work At Home Scams
We've all seen the ads that say you can make $1,000 a month stuffing envelopes from the comfort of your home and all you have to do is send someone $500 for a list of companies that will hire you to do the work. Ha!
A good rule of thumb to help you avoid work at home scams is to leave your wallet and credit card out of it. If someone is offering you an opportunity to work from home and asking you to pay them for that right . . . well, that sounds a little fishy.
Now, don't confuse this with buying a business or buying a skill. Those are reasonable expectations and oftentimes needed.
1. Don't send anyone money to find a list of companies that hire "work at home" people. Just use google.com
2. Check the company out with the Better Business Bureau
3. Go with your gut - if it sounds too good to be true, well, it probably is.
4. Check online reviews. Type into any search engine, "the opporunity or company name + scam or + review" and see what comes up.
10+ Work at Home Jobs Companies are Hiring For
How To Work From Home
Are You A Good "Work At Home" Candidate?view quiz statistics
Do You Have What It Takes?
Working from home takes a certain level of focus and ability to self motivate.
If you're the kind of person who likes to socialize at work and discuss the latest movies, weekend plans and hot new lunch spots, then working at home may be isolating for you.
If you're the kind of person who puts their head down, gets the job done and is a workhorse, then you may be able to make a full-time living working at home.
Take the quiz on the right to see if you're a good candidate to work at home . . .
Pros of Working from Home
- Structure your schedule to fit your lifestyle
- Be more productive . . . when you aren't being interrupted from co-workers regularly, if you plan well then you can get 2 days worth of work done in 1/2 day.
- Save money on work clothes!
- Save money on lunches, transportation and other work related expenses
- When you need a quick break from work you can start a load of laundry, pack a backpack or start dinner helping you feel more on top.
- Being able to attend children's school functions, field trips, etc.
- No distractions from others (you'll have to learn to control your own distractions)
A Typical Day
Cons of Working At Home
- Friends/Family don't respect your time
- There is ALWAYS something at home that needs to be done and is vying for your attention
- Being disrupted by phone solicitors
- If you have small children at home you still feel guilty for "neglecting them" when you are working and now you're facing them with that same guilt.
- No socializing or watercooler talk - feeling isolated can happen easily
- Oftentimes, depending on the choices you make, you only get paid when you're doing the work. If you choose an entrepreneurial option this can be a hard adjustment.
- Some days you won't ever leave the house - you need fresh air daily!
- If you're a workaholic type it's hard to turn it off and leave the work behind
Places To Advertise or Find Work At Home Opportunities
- Hire freelancers and find freelance jobs instantly | Elance
Access over 2 million skilled freelancers from around the world. Find rated web developers, mobile programmers, designers, writers, translators, marketing pros, virtual assistants and more.
- Telecommuting Jobs & Professional Part-Time Jobs
Find the best telecommuting jobs, part-time professional jobs and other flexible jobs in over 100 career categories, all hand-screened and legitimate.
- Work at Home Job Listings - WAHM.com
Work at home jobs from around the web in one place, updated daily.
- Online Advertising Telecommuting and Part-Time Jobs
Find Online Advertising jobs that offer telecommuting, part-time schedules, or freelance contracts. Every Online Advertising job listing is hand-screened. Find a Online Advertising job faster and more safely at FlexJobs.com!
- Top 10 Free Ad Sites For Your Home Based Business With Alexa Ratings
Top 10 Free Ad Sites For Your Home Based Business With Alexa Ratings
- A one stop shop platform for freelancers and employers
freelance.com helps freelance providers and employers that need to work reliably through one platform. More than 218062 profiles registered and regular daily updates of jobs
- Guru - Hire Quality Freelancers And Find Freelance Jobs
- Outsource Projects : Jobs for Moms : At Home Professionals : Outsource Work : HireMyMom.com
HireMyMom.com - Outsource jobs, project, work to Talented At-Home Professionals and Save! Post your job or project today for FREE to our experienced Mom Professionals in virtually every career field!
- Fiverr: The marketplace for creative & professional services
Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun, and more online services, on budget and on time
© 2015 Writer Chick