- Business and Employment
A Full Month On The Android Market
A Full Month on the Market Passed
Here I am siting in front of my computer looking at the stats in my developer console. To be honest, not that I'm not, but I'm just not THAT proud of the results I've made. I've got three apps on the market so far, all of them about a month old. One is a puzzle game which performed terribly. A simple neat tip calculator which did even worse, and then there's my utility app that actually made some decent traffic for a beginner.
The Puzzle Game
The puzzle game was simple, stylish but limited because there's a "pro key" to unlock the full version where you get all picture categories unlocked, including selecting your own picture. The game had downloads from the beginning but it was at most 3 in a day and about 0 for most of the time. Some days there is a install more or a uninstall or two. Generally the app performed poorly on the market with a grand total of about 5 active installs and 12 total installs in this 30 day period.
The "pro key" had 0 downloads. 0$ profit on this one.
The Tip Calculator
The tip calculator was just to test things out on the market. It was miserable with a grand total of 1 install and 0 active installs. I didn't link to it nowhere, I just wanted to see how visible is an app on the market if you do nothing with it at all. The result is obvious. I got the first download in the last week of the last 30 days and that's all the traffic I've got from it.
The donate version had 0 downloads. 0$ from this app so far.
The Somewhat Successful Utility App
My utility app, or as it's named, App Trash actually gave me some data and showed me a couple of things too. First one being, I've rushed the release of my app and it had several bugs, some bad and some not so bad but bugs nevertheless. I've fixed most of the bad ones and added a new feature too. The updates actually made me appear on some sort of list or something because after several of my updates, the next day I had a spike in downloads from a handful to about 140 downloads in a day. Then my app continued to have regular daily downloads, at around 40 - 60 per day. Spamming on twitter helped nothing, posting on forums in the beginning accounted for the initial traffic which I think helped a lot.
The donate version was downloaded once, so I've earned my first buck from the Android market. Boy was that a moment of joy and celebration, like I've won the lottery or something.
In any case it's quite the thrill to see the first "commercial" download after about 3 weeks.
So a full month has passed and some apps did better than the others. This month I'll focus on improving my apps (already in the process), Insert adds and remove the donate versions but implement an in app donation button to see how it performs. Also at least one new app is planed for the coming month and I hope it will be of more success than the current ones.
Follow me on @arquason to get the latest updates on my posts and apps.