- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
Merchant Services: A Guide to Nonprofit Credit Card Processing
As part of a nonprofit organization, reducing costs without cutting corners is always one of the first priorities in your mind. However, your nonprofit credit card system is usually one component of your business that you simply cannot alter for one reason or another. And, it’s too bad you can’t, because most credit card processors who purport to cater to nonprofit businesses don’t seem to offer software solutions that make life easier for a nonprofit business or solutions that lower overall costs substantially.
With this in mind, we’ve elected to set ourselves apart from the herd by offering a special nonprofit credit card processing solution called eBizCharge – a virtual gateway that really works for you, making life easier and procedures quicker on the back end while lowering the costs of certain kinds of credit cards, too.
How is this different from other nonprofit credit card processing solutions?
Most nonprofit credit card processing solutions aren’t exactly specific to nonprofit businesses – sometimes, payment processing companies will offer a nonprofit business the same standard physical card terminal they’d offer to a sandwich shop. Physical terminals may be tried and proven, but they simply don’t work well for nonprofit businesses.
You might be suffering from the effects of a generic processing solution if you:
- Spend a lot of time manually entering information into your accounting system at the end of the day.
- Have to manually compile data to assemble payment processing reports.
- Receive pricing downgrades (extra fees) for keying cards into your terminal.
- Receive pricing downgrades (extra fees) for taking business-type cards or government purchasing cards.
Using a solution like eBizCharge for credit card processing can help a nonprofit business drastically:
- You’ll spend less time reconciling credit card payments against unpaid invoices at the end of the day, if any at all.
- You’ll spend no time compiling data for reports, as you’ll have the data available with just a couple of clicks.
- You won’t receive downgrades for keying in credit card entries.
- You won’t receive downgrades for taking business-type cards, corporate cards, or GSA (government) credit cards.
Clearly, all businesses can benefit from saving time and money, but as a nonprofit organization, those two elements are even more important for you than they are for some other kinds of businesses – because, since you don’t collect a profit, both your money and your time mean that much more to you.
What does eBizCharge do for nonprofit credit card processing companies?
- It lowers fixed costs: When you accept a donation from a corporate credit card or a government purchasing card, eBizCharge reduces the base costs for those specific types of credit cards automatically, without you doing any extra work.
- It increases productivity in the office: eBizCharge’s array of reporting features and searching options can save you and your accounting staff time every single day – time you would otherwise be spending manually compiling and organizing data and going through records.
- It can integrate with different ERP systems: This is a very special feature of eBizCharge. If your nonprofit credit card processing company uses a common ERP system like QuickBooks, Peachtree (Sage 50), MAS 90/MAS 200 (Sage 100), or a variety of others, you have the option to accept electronic payments right through your accounting system. Doing this type of operation cuts even more time out of your daily procedures; depending on your daily credit card volume, it can save you between a half hour and several hours of lost time per day.
Payment processing poll
Do you have experience using an integrated credit card processing system?
All eBizCharge users reap these benefits:
- No long-term contracts. Process with Century using eBizCharge for as long as you want.
- Feature-rich virtual gateway that’s easy to use.
- Compatibility with QuickBooks, Sage 50, Sage 100, Sage 500, Exact Macola, NetSuite, SAP Business One, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and a variety of other accounting platforms.
- Compatibility with other common virtual gateways like Authorize.Net, PayFlow, Element, Global, and CyberSource.
- 24/7 client services from our Support Team located entirely in Irvine, CA and never outsourced.
- Quick notifications from our Chargeback Management Team if we see any chargeback activity on your account. A representative from the Chargeback Management Team will call and email you within 24-48 hours of the activity.
Your nonprofit credit card processing business could use a break – let us show you how big we can make it for you
Contact us here and we’ll do an in-depth review of your credit card processing, and we’ll present you with a pricing comparison and a quote.