A Rich Freelance Writing Job - SEO Writing
Most of the businesses, irrespective of their size and entrepreneurs as well, hire freelance SEO (Search Engine Optimization) writers to boost their website ranking. SEO writing is heavy research-based writing, you need to write keyword-rich articles that increase the website traffic through the search engine. These articles are less based on information and entertainment and are quite different from magazine articles.
You can see myriad examples of SEO writing through any online website or article distribution directories. Most of the SEO articles have a length of approximately 700 words, but with changes in SEO techniques, it is highly recommended to write at least 1,000 words. You’ll be amazed to know many bloggers write at least 5,000 words in their every article to boost website traffic. The aim is to use selected keyword multiple times without causing keyword stuffing.
Important Points about SEO
- Web articles need to be at least 1,000 words long. It also depends on clients’ demands, sometimes they ask only for a few hundred words articles.
- Depending on your clients’ requirements, it can be either informative, keyword-stuffed or both.
- Topics are, generally, derived from and revolves around keywords.
- If it is about quantity rather than quality, always remember to protect yourself. Use pen name instead of your original name. It’s a weird and drastic situation where you need to put your efforts to write keyword-stuffed articles to become visible in the search engine.
Beginning Your SEO WritingCareer
- SEO writers always have an endless demand for their talent. As an SEO writer, you can expect to have no less than 20+ job on your waiting list every day or a week. To get the best for their business, clients are ready to wait.
- SEO writing is one of the best paths you must choose to start a superb freelance writing career, though, you may not gain recognition as you work behind the scene. Your work comprises of technical knowledge with respect to search engine optimization.
- A client, looking for SEO optimized content will provide you with selected keywords on a particular topic. As a writer, you need to use these keywords effectively for writing a keyword-enriched article. Also, make sure to use variations of keywords. For example, if a keyword is "car", then you must also use "automobile", "motor vehicle", and so on.
- Most of the times, clients give you the word limit for writing an article. If you have to write multiple articles, then there’s a possibility it may range from 150 to 1000 words.
- Generally, SEO articles don’t cross the word list of 550 words.
Challenges as an SEO Writer
- Writing SEO articles can bring in lots of money but at the stake of your recognition. You won’t receive the leisure of getting identified yourself as a writer.
- Another risk is it may interfere with your talents if you make it as your sole profession because it is not the best work to prove your worthiness as a freelance writer. Since it is focused more on stuffing important keywords rather than elite writing.
- You need to possess a wider knowledge of the topic rather than just writing keyword-stuffed articles. You need to bring in everything possible to rank the page higher in the search results.
- You need to have a great understanding of density rates and other related key terms. You can learn this by searching about “free keyword density checkers”. Check your articles with these density checkers to know the keyword density. To get the optimized result, always use the variation of keywords.
SEO Writing is an Evergreen Job
- The internet already has a billion websites actively running and more and more are uploading every day, so you’ll never run out of job offers.
- On the other hand, being a talented writer doesn’t authorize you as a successful SEO writer. You need to be curious every day to do heavy research regarding the topic before writing your article. SEO rules can change anytime. Keep your nose wide open to know when so something smells fishy.
- Since rules are temporary. It would be a waste of time to elaborate on how to write an article matching the SEO standards. Search engines have their own documented guides to help you understand their SEO techniques, I highly recommend you to read them.
Tips to Remember even when the SEO Searching Algorithm Changes
- Write a keyword or keyword phrase always in the first line of every paragraph.
- If you are ghostwriting, have a word with your clients that they don’t use your name as a byline. You certainly don’t want other clients and publishers to know about your less lucrative keyword-stuffed material.
- SEO writing gives you lots of money and is always in demand, so it won’t harm your portfolio if you add a few samples of your work that are not extensively full of keywords.
- Use Google’s keyword tool. Search the keyword and it’ll let you know other related keywords and phrases. One of the certain tricks to rank your clients’ web pages in the top search results. Never forget this step and you’ll be a valuable tool for your clients.
- Always, always, always remember to use keyword variations.
- Before beginning with your articles, remember to take note of clients’ goals if they want informative, well-written articles or only keywords-filled articles.
Time to apply for the SEO Writing Jobs
- In my early stage of a freelancing career, I’d this assumption that we, as freelancers, need to stay alert of spammy offers and fraud clients. But now, I’ve realized it’s not only about us, but even clients are also in dilemma on where to look for reliable freelancers and how much they should pay for a certain project.
- In accordance, despite so many freelancing sites actively running, it’s highly unlikely that you, as an SEO writer, may receive the same kind of opportunities across all sites. So, it’s better to stick with a few renewed ones, especially when you are an experienced professional. Lesser-known freelancing sites work well for newbie freelancers and freshers.
- I highly recommend Upwork, Freelancer, PeoplePerHour, Guru, WriterAccess, and Remote.co. Clients will give you (or if don’t, ask for it) detailed information on the number of articles, word limit, keywords and phrases, topics, and keyword-density (sometimes).
- Besides freelancing sites, many businesses have come to into action that provides SEO writing services for clients worldwide. Run a search on Google “SEO writing companies”, and you can find the list of related companies’ websites. Most of these recruits freelance writers, so you have a good chance of working with them.
- Use Google News to read the press releases about relevant new websites. Contact them as they are certainly in need of SEO writers to flourish online.
- Job listing sites such as FlexJobs, Online Writing Jobs always have relevant jobs to your skill sets. Search SEO writing jobs and you’ll have a huge list of job offers. A quick remainder most of these look for experienced professionals, so prepare your portfolio in advance.
As I already mentioned, SEO writing is a well-paid job, so you can expect to face stiff competition in this field from other freelance writers. Another important suggestion, that you must always look out for, is to search the particular keywords online and check the websites that appear on the first page of the search results. Reading their articles will help you understand why they have a higher ranking.
© 2019 Prachi Sharma