Advantages to Owning a Home-Based Business
Some Helpful Links
A home-based business is an enterprise that operates from home...literally. Starting something new like a home-based business can make the difference between making a mortgage payment or not; helping children go to college or taking care of yourself in your old age.
Starting a home-based business can give you:
- Leverage - of both time and money
- freedom - to choose how to spend your time and money
- pride of accomplishment - this is your business
Some home-based business owners operate their businesses from their laptop computers while sitting in the comfort of their sofa in the living room. Other owners use a portion of the kitchen table with a filing cabinet in the corner. Others still have a whole room of their home devoted as a business office and run their enterprise from there. And yet others operate from the trunk of their cars, using their laptops and cell phones.
A home business can be an exciting prospect
There are many directions to go:
- Your business could be an online, internet based business. Maybe you've set up yourself as a freelance virtual assistant, or life coach consultant or even a web page designer.
- Your business might be as an independent contractor for a direct selling company that manufactures a product [everything from baskets to vitamins]. A direct selling opportunity turned into a home-based business can provide income potential and is an opportunity available to the majority of people with low input capital and little risk.
- You could invest in real estate - real estate investing takes some education and initial capital, but it can be an answer.
It's exciting to think about having a home-based business. You have choices. You have the advantages of:
- picking your work hours: I have a business I work from home and I work when I want to. There are some days I'll work 12 or 14 hours and others where all I'll do is check email. My choice. - your choice.
- picking your work environment: I have two places in my home where I can work. One place I work is a room dedicated as my office and studio. It's uniquely mine and has my personal touches...my personal feng shui, if you will. And there are those times when I'll choose to sit on the sofa with my laptop and work there. My choice. - your choice.
- working around illness or injury - or more happily, family events and vacations: a home-based business is such that it is set up with a workable system that doesn't require your constant babysitting. You can manage a semi-down time. If I'm not feeling up to par and don't think a full day's work is a wise idea, I can still choose to read and answer a few emails or check on my website...all from the ease and comfort of my home. My choice. - your choice.
A home-based business doesn't have to be a big scary decision...you don't have to expend your life savings and quit your job. Find something about which you can be enthusiastic and begin parttime - a few evenings a week and a bit on the weekend. It just might provide you with the extra income you need and the feelings of accomplishment and pride that come from making your own choices.
More Business Hubs by LindaCSmith
- The Basics of Starting a Home Business
Thinking of starting a business from home? Millions of folks around the globe are doing this every day. Some people buy a kit and become an independent contractor for a direct selling company. Other people...