- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Air Hostess Salary
Air Hostess Salary
Like flying? Does the thought of spending every weekend at another metropolitan or exotic location excite you? You are in the right place.
The aviation sector is still one of the most promising and high paying sectors on the job market today. Although the recession has slowed things down, experts still believe that this sector will literally take off. Girls and women of all ages are still very much interested in becoming air hostesses. There are plenty of pros in relation to the cons of the business, globetrotting being one of them. Prior to discussing the salaries, let us look into some other benefits:
- Meeting celebrities; either they are politicians, rock stars, movie stars or professional athletes, they travel by plane most of the time. You will meet many of them along your journey as an air hostess.
- Sleeping in luxury hotels, 5 stars all around. Fine dining and world class facilities.
- Traveling expenses; prearranged schedules for convenient boarding and traveling whilst of the job. This is a huge plus, besides the salaries themselves.
- Parties and Bonuses; either in-house parties or international airline gatherings. The parties are literally world class.
Now let us dig into the real stuff. Money.
First of all I would like to mention that salaries for air hostesses differ from airline to airline and also depending on the economic times. Some of the variables are :
- Employing Airline
- Traveling Domestic or International
- Seniority ( Work Experience )
- Flying hours
These are the parameters on which the salary is based upon. Lets dig deeper into each one.
Employing Airline: Bigger airlines means bigger salaries. Being in the top 10 airlines in south America means a salary of 16-30k $ per year in the initial stages is a reality. You will probably get more in the years to come.
Traveling Domestic or International: Salaries vary the most with this factor. If you travel abroad you can sometimes be looking at 2x if not more.
Seniority (Work Experience ): The more seasoned air hostess can be looking at anywhere from 40 000 $ all the way up to 60 000 $ per year. If the airline grows, the paychecks usually grow with it.
Flying hours: The FAA ( Federal Aviation Administration) decides how many hours a single air hostess can fly per day each month. These are severely punishable borders which one must not cross in order to obtain its license (job).