Apple Mac Payroll Software
Traditionally, Apple Mac computers were focussed on the media and entertainment industries. As such, it lagged far behind the PC when it came to business software.
One area where the Apple Mac lags behind PCs is in the provision of accounting and finance software applications. Most businesses will require these types of application, regardless of whether they use Apple or PC based systems in their offices. So what are the options when it comes to one of the major components of business finance - handling the company's payroll?
There are a few options when it comes to buying a payroll software package for an Apple Mac. Quickbooks from Intuit is one of the major accounts packages. There is a Quickbooks for Mac Payroll module that is popular with small businesses. Quickbooks is one of the most popular standard accounts packages available. Using a standard package is important if you want to find a bookkeeper or accountant do manage your payroll for you, as most of these people are normally only familiar with the bigger packages available.
Other solutions for Mac payroll processing include KashFlow. KashFlow's accounting software links to a number of different payroll modules and can be used to process payroll for USA or UK based companies. If you want to process payroll for a company based in another country then check to see if there is a compatible payroll module for KashFlow.
- Mac Accounting Software | Accountancy Services Online
A range of free personal and small business accounting software packages for the Apple Mac range of computers.
Internet Based Payroll Software - Good for Macs?
Web browser based software is increasingly popular. This software is accessed over the Internet, so you simply need to log into a website in order to process your business payroll.
The great thing about browser based payroll solutions is that they can work on pretty much any computer so long as it has a web browser available. While some companies may specify that a certain browser or operating system combination be used, many solutions can be used with either PCs or Mac based computers. The larger payroll providers will normally test their websites on the latest Apple Mac computers in order to ensure compatibility.
As well as being Mac friendly, internet based software has other advantages including:
- There are no installation disks to lose.
- You don't have to worry about installing software updates (quite a common occurence when governments keep changing payroll regulations).
- You don't need to hire an IT expert to come round and install the software.
- Many of the internet based offerings have cut down versions available for small businesses, or you can add on features as your company grows.
- Internet based payroll processors often allow you to pay for the service on a monthly basis and hence it can be incorporated as a fixed cost rather than an upfront fee for purchasing software.
- So if you're in business and want to take care of payroll processing then there are a range of solutions for Mac based business. Hopefully the rising popularity of Apple Mac systems like the iMac and iPad will mean that an increasing number of financial software companies including Sage and Intuit will be encouraged to release accounting packages for the Apple Mac.