Article Writing Secrets - Learn 5 Secrets to Writing Great Articles
Learn 5 Secrets to Writing Great Articles For More Traffic and a Higher Click Through Rate
Writing great articles is a skill that is quite desirable for Internet marketers for various reasons, not the least of which is to get more article views and subsequently more clicks on product links.
The goal of most Internet authors is to have people actually read their work. And, in the case of those who are into Internet Marketing, to get folks to click on the link to their product or service.
So, before you even get started with your first information post, make sure you have something to share. Because Writing Great Articles begins with excellent content. This is not a secret (the secrets are below).
In good faith, you should determine that whatever you post on the Internet for others to read is the very best information you can give. Don't lie, don't embellish the truth, don't make up content.
Even if you are doing it with the sole intent of making money, it is incumbent upon you to give your readers your best.
The secrets you are about to learn are quite simple and sensible. However, many writers do not pay attention to the basics. If you want to become an accomplished writer, make sure you have your basics covered.
Here are the 5 Tips (Secrets) to Writing Great Articles:
- Start with an Informative Title. If you can't get someone to even start reading, you definitely will not get the coveted click at the end. The title is extremely important for getting a reader's attention. Make sure it captures their attention enough to make them want to continue. But also make sure it is a truthful title. Then, in the body of the writing, make sure you give them what you promised in the title.
- Use a Targeted Keyword Phrase. Popular web pages get many more visitors. This popularity comes from folks looking for Keywords or Keyword phrases. Your writing should be specifically targeted toward a single Keyword or Keyword phrase, such as "article writing secrets". The optimum number of times for you to insert a keyword is one to three times for every hundred words. That is 1-3% keyword density. And make sure the wording flows naturally. You don't want to just plunk in your keywords arbitrarily just to get the right keyword density. Very Important: use your keyword in the title, in the first line of your article, and in your resource box. Also have at least one contextual link attached to your keyword phrase (that is your keyword has a link to another web page, i.e. your product or service sales page).
- Use "scannable" writing elements. Most readers don't just start reading from beginning to end. They scan articles looking for enough information to keep their attention. You have only a brief time to capture your visitor's attention. You can do that with material that is separated by meaningful breaks. You can use bulleted or numbered lists to attract the viewers' eye. You can also use bolded text throughout to highlight the points you want your viewer to glean from your work. These techniques should be used to move the eye through your article to the all important links at the bottom. Be careful, however, to not overdo this technique. You don't want to overstimulate.
- Write for the People. The most readable information is put forth in a conversational manner. We all learned how to write for our English teacher in high school and college, but we are not writing for them now. Your readers will stick with you much longer if you write in a way that makes sense to them. Don't fill your content with a plethora (example - it means a bunch) of 50-cent words and technical jargon (unless you are targeting a technical audience). People enjoy a story, and if you can present your information in a story-like way, you will hold attention longer. Humor is also a great attention keeper, but that is not easy for everyone.
- Spell Check and Grammar Check. Many of us can not spell. It's the American way - poor spelling. This may be fine for writing a note to yourself, but when you put info out for the world to read, make sure you have your work properly punctuated and spelled. This one seemingly insignificant item is one of the most overlooked of the article writing secrets. Believe it or not, your readers will get the impression that you are an authority on a subject.
Using these 5 article writing secrets will help get you more views and more clicks and hopefully will move you further toward your goal. In addition, when you start to see the improvement in views and clicks, you will feel a sense of accomplishment, which is a very important element in your success as a writer.