BLOGGING IN BUSINESS
Blogging for Business
What is a blog and how to have the best blog in your business?
Blogging is a way to interact and join the online community. Although blogging was initial used by artists, writers and public persons to keep in touch with their fans, nowadays blogging is more and more frequently used in business as a method of keeping in touch with the clients and “taking the pulse” of the target market.
If you have a business, blogging is a simple way to inform your clients and to find new clients. A blog allows you or your company to build a relationship with potential clients and to position yourself as a center of influence in your field of activity. You can offer free information to your potential clients, educate and inform them and as you do this you will earn their trust and they will buy your products and services.
A blog is for sure and advantage in front of your competitors. If you don’t have a blog yet you should start one soon for your business.
Here are 10 of the most important tips when starting a blog. If you never had a blog before, you should view the video at the bottom of this page, because you will find some valuable free information there and you can get a step by step guide on how to start a blog from scratch and get the results you want.
- Define your goals – establish what your blog is about. If your blog is for promoting your business, then you should post there cool things about the products and services you are offering and to teach the clients tips and tricks related to your offer. Important! You should never try to manipulate the opinion towards buying a specific product, as your clients feel that. Just inform and find what the needs of your clients are.
- Know your audience – you should know what the expectations of your audience are. The design and content of your blog should be in accordance with your target market expectations. For instance, if you are selling computers, the design and the topics of your blog will be different than if you are selling wedding dresses. You can make a quiz on your existing customers to evaluate what are their interests and what information they need, and build your blog around that.
- Be consistent – Your blog represents your brand. The design and content of your blog should communicate your company brand and message.
- Be persistent – Your blog should be busy. A blog that is rarely updated is perceived as a static page and visited less frequently. Update frequently with high quality posts and your audience will keep coming back to your blog.
- Be inviting – a great thing about a blog is that you can interact with the audience. It’s essential that your blog welcomes the reader and invites them to join discussions or leave comments.
- Be visible – you should find like-minded bloggers and comment on their posts, participate in social sites and get involved in discussions there.
- Take risks – you should never be afraid of using new blogging tools or to try different approaches on the market.
- Ask from help – Bloggers are part of a close-knit community and you should ask for help on other bloggers, at least at the beginning.
- Keep learning and be informed – Internet changes very fast. You should always learn new things about blogging and be informed about your target market, your competitors and s.o.
- Be yourself – Determine what is your brand and what tone should you use when writing on your blog. You can choose a corporate tone or a high-tech tone or other tone that is more appropriate to your business blog. You should keep that tone on each post you make on your blog, as readers usually get back for that. Don’t blog like a reporter but blog from your heart. If you blog about a product you really like and you put in enthusiasm when writing the blog post, your readers will feel that enthusiasm.
Below is the link to a video that reveals some of the most important blogging secrets.