Body Language, Eye Language : Communication Through Eye Gestures And Body Movements!
Other Useful Hub By Chitrangada Sharan
- Why And When Should You Go To A Counselor Or A Thera...
Are you feeling confused, struggling with situations/ relationships, unable to take decisions, dying to get 'that' support? Then probably you need some counseling sessions by a trained psychotherapist.
We Speak With Our Eyes And Body As Well!!!
© Chitrangada Sharan Feb. 2015
All Rights Reserved.
- Have you ever wondered, how the mother understands
-----when her child is hungry or thirsty;
-----when the child is uncomfortable, due to the clothes;
----when the child wants to have a change in nappy etc.
-----The infants can't speak, but it is through their body language that their needs can be understood.
-----Even when the kids grow up, parents understand their needs and emotions just by having a look at their eyes or body posture.
- Another example is When an interview is under process, a candidate is also judged by his/ her body language, besides what they are speaking in answer to the questions posed to them.
- It is not quite uncommon to observe the body language of two different individuals engaged in crucial discussions, whether at family level, community level, national or International level.
All these examples are stated to emphasize the fact that besides verbal conversations, we also communicate through our Eyes and our Body.
According to Wikipedia, "Body language refers to various forms of nonverbal communication, where in a person may reveal clues as to some unspoken intention or feeling through their physical behavior. These behaviors include (but are not limited to) facial expressions, body posture, gestures, eye movement, touch and the use of space."
What Is Body Language?
- Body language means the non verbal communication, by means of facial expressions, hand gestures, shoulder movements, legs, neck movements, body postures, touch etc.
- A person may communicate through body language, clues to some unspoken intention or feeling through their physical behavior.
- Body language exists in both humans and animals and humans.
- Body language is different from sign language.
- Facial expressions usually include the combined expressions and movement of eyes, nose, chin, lips, eyebrows and the bodily gestures corresponding to them.
1. Great leaders and speakers use their body language to command, persuade, fascinate and mesmerize their audiences/ people.
2. How you walk, sit, stand also tells others of your personality, your confidence level etc.
3. There are training centers to teach good and impressive body language skills, so important for interviews and public life.
Eyes Communicate A Lot!
- Eyes are the most powerful means of non verbal communication. In fact they are the mirror of what's going on in the mind.
- Moreover, it is much easier to read and understand the Eye language rather than gazing or staring at body parts.
- The interpretation of eye movements, helps the Forensic experts to understand the complex ways in which humans make decisions for non trivial tasks.
- Looking up or down or sideways, lateral movements, gazing or staring, glancing, making or breaking eye contact, avoiding eye contact, tears, blinking etc. all can be interpreted.
- Pupils are also indicative about what's going on in the minds of the person.
- How interesting is this that many celebrities wear dark glasses to avoid eye contact and let people understand their real feelings!
- The eyes can speak for us--our emotions, feelings, sometimes even intentions.
- It is believed that Women are better at reading eye language and communicating with their eyes.
*Eyes communicate a lot about what is going on in a person's mind.
*Looking upwards; Looking downwards;Looking sideways; Gazing; Lateral movement; Avoiding Eye contact; Limited Eye contact; Brief Eye contact; Staring; Blinking etc. are some of the non verbal communications done by the eyes.
Can you understand what is going on in a person's mind by looking at the Eyes?
Other Useful Hub By Chitrangada Sharan
- 5 Tips To Deal With Low Self Esteem In Kids: Role Of...
How to help fight low self esteem, especially among children. Parents and teachers have special roles to achieve this. Counselling, sports, exercise and socializing are some of the ways to improve it.
To Communicate Effectively, Apart From Speaking, Use Your Eyes And Body As Well:
- You will be surprised to know that the human communication is largely non verbal.
- According to communication experts, eighty percent of the communication is non verbal, whereas only twenty percent is verbal.
- In other words, if you want to speak something to someone, your eyes expression and movements, your body parts movements should correspond with it.
- Otherwise your communication would not be effective and your message may not be expressed correctly.
- Eye and Body Language is very significant for office jobs, managers and their management.
- Body language is also very relevant for relationships, in families and in parenting.
- The study of body language is known as kinesics (pronounced 'kineesicks') derived from the Greek word kinesis, which means motion.
- So why not make the most of this God given skill and use our eyes and body in effective communication!
© Chitrangada Sharan 4th Feb. 2015,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Body language, source: You tube
Other related hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Motivation: Important For Success Of Children, Role ...
Who doesn't need a little motivation! Parents and teachers of young kids have a great role in tracing the path for a child's success in academics etc., by providing them the much needed 'Motivation'.
- Concentration vs Distraction: How Can Parents Help ...
Concentration is a skill, that enables us to focus on a particular thought, while eliminating every other thing from our conscious mind. Children must be trained to concentrate for effective learning.
- Resolutions, Goals And Promises : How To Achieve Suc...
Are you the one who very enthusiastically makes resolutions and promises, but within a week's time looses all excitement and fails to keep those goals? Why? Make small, realistic and achievable goals.
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan