- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs»
- Mail Order & Internet/Web Businesses
Butane Is First Content Management System That Supports Social Media Marketing
There are content management systems out there including Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal and all of them are popular. You usually hear about these big 3 content management systems everywhere you go in the web design business, but the truth is that there are more than 100 content management systems on the marketing and most of them are free.
None of the big three content management systems support social media out of the box which is a big problem, because social media profiles are more popular than web sites themselves. For example, every day, major advertisers are promoting their Facebook page more frequently than than their own websites.
Modern content management systems need to support the here and now and it seems that Drupal and Joomla are simply missing the mark.
Butane made its debut in March 2011 and is being used by small and medium sized businesses across the world, especially in the United States, India, and China. Butane supports social media right out of the box and that is one of its biggest selling points.
All a Butane user needs to do is log into the Butane Admin Screen and click on the Enter Your Social Media Profiles and the user will be able to enter any one of eight social media profiles. That feature comes standard as part of the Butane package. These social network profiles are supported:
- You Tube
- Linked In
- My Space
- Stumble Upon
Besides users entering their social media profile, they can also select one of three sizes for the icons and the those icons are standard logo icons for each network. A simple link of PHP can be provided to the web site designer and that line will automatically produce the HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) that is necessary to properly display the icons.
Once the icons display, those social media icons display, they automatically contain the necessary hyperlink to the web site owner's profile. It is that simple.
A simple example of adding your Facebook networking icon in the Butane Content Management System Screen:
- Log into your Butane Administrator Login Screen
- On the Butane home page dash board, click on the button titled Enter "Your Social Media Profiles".
- Make sure you visit your Facebook profile or Facebook page before hand. Copy the address from your web browser that displays in the address bar for your web browser. Butane works on all web browsers including Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and up, Firefox 3+, Opera, Safari, and Google Chrome. For those people who still use the Flock web browser, Butane supports it as well.
- Find the Facebook line in the Butane Web Editor Admin Screen. Paste your Facebook address as well as your other social network profile addresses.
- Choose the size of your icons (Small, Medium, and Large). At the time of this writing, Butane only supports one social media icon size at a time.
- Click on the Save Button.
That is it. You social media icons should now be showing on your website after you add the $sm variable.
I have yet to see Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal with this functionality out of the box without installing extra modules and extensions.