- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches»
- Local Job Searches
Cincinnati, Ohio - Queen City Jobs and Attractions
Only In Cincinnati, Ohio
Southern Point of the Ohio Space Corridor
ncinnati suburbs are growing towards the vicinity of Dayton and the Dayton suburbs of Springboro and Franklin are growing quickly towards Cincinnati. This is a result of the ongoing development of the Ohio Space Corridor that received special focus from Governor Ted Strickland to 2010. The development is creating a larger single metroplex among Cincinnati, Dayton, Fairborn, West Chester, and smaller towns in between these places.
The number of companies headquartered in the Cincinnati/Dayton corridor is impressive. These include Federated (Macy's), Kroger (grocery and Marketplace), Cintas, Escort (radar detectors), Lexis-Nexis (The Number One Law Archive Service in the country) and others. Thus, the southwest sector of Ohio is turning the economy away from hard-line manufacturing and more toward Retail, Service, and InfoTech (IT). Aerospace and aviation companies are moving into the area and those already present are adding jobs, as are their counterparts in Florida and Texas.
The pharmaceutical industry is also thriving in places like West Chester, so a lot of diversity in business and employment is coming into the area. For 2011 - 2012, the move of Omnicare pharmaceuticals for senior citizens into Cincinnati from Kentucky was big news, adding about $340,000 in tax revenues and $4.4 Million influx into Cincinnati from 2011 - 2020, a decade of economic growth.
The Purple People BridgeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Wright-Patterson AFB is headquarters for the US Air Force research and development division. It has been bulking up with additional functions as they have relocated to "Wright-Patt" from other military bases under US Base Realignment and Closure. More and more work is coming to Wright-Patterson AFB, with the result that more people are hired, military and civilian. Many of these individuals live between Fairborn, Dayton and Cincinnati, creating the housing spread and the suburbs of these cities growing out to meet one another.
For InfoTech (IT), the best location is in adjacent Greene County. This area has seen a big jump in Computer Programming and Systems Design work as well as in Engineering and Scientific R&D.
The top jobs in Cincinnati and the Cincinnati-Dayton Space Corridor Region are inHealthcare and related industries, Information Technology (IT), and related manufacturing.
The Ohio River Bridges Project will bring additional construction and related jobs to the Ohio River communities like Cincinnati for at least a decade.
National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- California 1947: The Last Documented Court Case of Slavery
The hundreds of years of Black slavery in America were proclaimed illegal in 1863 only among 10 Confederate States by the Emancipation Proclamation during the American Civil War. Later, the Thirteenth Amendment to the US Constitution became law in De
- Freedom Center Home Page - Cincinnati OH
Exhibits to slavery in the USA and elsewhere, in the past and in the present. This has offers its own radio station as well.
Greater Cincinnati Area
Visitor Attractions on the Ohio River
- Ohio River Scenic Byway Tours on the Ohio Border
At one end, you see a ghost ship in the river and at the other, a magnificent wildlife preserve on 22 islands & 360 miles of waterways. See it all by car, kayak, paddleboat, train, bicycle or Segway.
- Passenger Trains and Railroad Stations In Ohio
Ohio leaders returned $400 million in federal funds for railroads in 2010. Here are the trains and stations that the state maintains.
Cincinnati Public Art
- A Winter With Flying Pigs - Top 10 Best Places in Cicinnati
The Flying Pig is the local sidewalk art project in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Produce Stands and Farmers' Markets Near Cincinnati,...
Founded in 1788, Cincinnati is home to numerous farm markets in the 21st Century. One of the largest provides seasonal hunting opportunities alongside its fruits and vegetables.
- Hip-Hop? Not! - World Choir Games 2012 in Cincinnati: Singing Together to Bring Nations Together
Acapella Music is increasingly popular in the world and it tackles all styles of music. By the time the 2012 Cincinnati World Choir Games arrive, we might be hearing some Hip-Hop in the competition.
Largest Employers In Cincinnati
- University of Cincinnati
- Kroger Company
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America Inc.
- Fifth/Third Bank
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- City of Cincinnati - Government
- Trihealth, Inc.
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Mercy Health Partners
Dominant Products Manufactured or Produced in Cincinnati
Aircraft engines, auto parts, motor vehicles, chemicals, valves, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, food and related products, playing cards, drugs, cosmetics, toiletries, detergents, building materials, cans, metalworking and general industrial machinery, toys, apparel, mattresses, electric motors, robotics, electronic equipment, housewares, shoes, printing and publishing.
Top 10 Hot Jobs - Transportation and Healthcare are Big
Over 50,000" jobs were listed for the Cincinnati Area in August 2015.
The most often found highest-demand jobs are:
- Vehicle Mechanics, Technicians, and Service Managers
- Owner-Operator Truck Drivers
- Company Truck Drivers
- Engineers - IT, Project, Mechanical, Electrical, Quality
- Physical Therapists
- Managers, Assistant Managers, and Management Trainees
- Loan Officers
- Financial Analysts
- Nurses (RNs) and Nurse Practitioners
- Regional Flatbed Truck Drivers
- Over the Road Truck Drivers - Long Haul
- Internal Medicine Physicians
- Family Practice Physicians
- Clinical Psychologists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Nurses (LPNs)
- Regional Owner Operator Truck Drivers
The Roebling Bridge, Cincinnati
Major Universities and Colleges in Cincinnati
- University Of Cincinnati (Public; Website: Www.Uc.Edu -- Offers Doctor's Degree)
- Xavier University (3800 Victory Pky; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Www.Xu.Edu -- Offers Doctor's Degree)
- Cincinnati State Technical And Community College (3520 Central Pky; Public; Website: Www.Cinstate.Cc.Oh.Us)
- College Of Mount Saint Joseph (5701 Delhi Rd; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Www.Msj.Edu -- Offers Master's Degree)
- The Union Institute (Location: 440 E Mcmillan St; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Www.Tui.Edu -- Offers Doctor's Degree)
- Cincinnati Christian University (2700 Glenway Ave; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Www.CincinnatiChristianUniversity.Edu -- Offers Master's Degree)
- Southern Ohio College (1011 Glendale Milford Rd; Private, For-Profit; Website: Www.Socaec.Com)
- God's Bible School & College 1810 Young Street.
- Great Oaks Institute Of Technology And Career Dev (3254 E Kemper Rd; Public)
- Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute Of Religion (3101 Clifton Ave; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Www.Huc.Edu -- Offers Doctor's Degree)
- Antonelli College (124 E Seventh St; Private, For-Profit; Website: Www.Antonelli.Com)
- Art Academy Of Cincinnati (1125 St Gregory St; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Www.Artacademy.Edu -- Offers Master's Degree)
- Gods Bible School And College (1810 Young Street; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Www.Gbs.Edu)
- Athenaeum Of Ohio (6616 Beechmont Ave; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Www.Mtsm.Org -- Offers Master's Degree)
- Institute Of Medical-Dental Technology (375 Glensprings Dr Ste 201; Private, For-Profit)
- Good Samaritan Hospital School Of Nursing (Dixmyth Ave; Private, Not-For-Profit; Website: Trihealth.Com)
- Ohio Center For Broadcasting (4790 Red Bank Expy Ste 102; Private, For-Profit; Website: Www.Beonair.Com)
- Cincinnati College Of Mortuary Science (645 W North Bend Rd; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Queen City Career Center (425 Ezzard Charles Dr; Public)
- Western Hills School Of Beauty And Hair Design (6490 Glenway; Private, For-Profit)
- Tri-State Travel School (4600 Montgomery Rd Ste 106; Private, For-Profit; Website: Www.Travelcareers.Com)
Other schools near Cincinnati:
- University Of Cincinnati-Raymond Walters College (Blue Ash, OH)
- Northern Kentucky University (16 mile; Highland Heights, KY)
- Miami University-Oxford (30 Miles; Oxford, OH)
- Wright State University-Main Campus (46 miles; Dayton, OH)
- University Of Dayton (48 miles; Dayton, OH)
- Sinclair Community College (48 miles; Dayton, OH)
- Cedarville University (65 miles; Cedarville, OH)
Dayton Ohio Jobs
Most popular advertised Dayton jobs and their average salary:
- Registered nurses -- $45,800+
- Wholesale and manufacturing sales representatives -- $48,800+
- Secondary school teachers -- $44,200
Jobs more common in Dayton than other US cities and their average salary:
- Metal and plastic workers -- $32,200
- Materials engineers -- $76,900+
- Postsecondary engineering teachers -- $50,800+
Hospitals & Medical Centers in Cincinnati OH
Healthcare treatment and wellness programs and healthcare jobs are available at:
- Bethesda North Hospital (10500 Montgomery Road)
- Children's Hospital Medical Center (3333 Burnet Ave) - The famous Shriners Burn Hospital is at 3229 Burnet Ave
- Christ Hospital (2139 Auburn Avenue)
- Convalescent Hospital For Children (Elland And Bethude Avenues)
- Deaconess Hospital (311 Straight Street)
- Drake Center (151 Galbraith Road)
- Good Samaritan Hospital (375 Dixmyth Ave)
- Jewish Hospital (4777 East Galbraith Road)
- Mercy Franciscan Hospital Western Hills (3131 Queen City Ave)
- Mercy Franciscan Hospital - Mt Airy (2446 Kipling Avenue)
- Mercy Hospital Anderson (7500 State Road)
- Pauline Warfield Lewis Center (1101 Summit Rd)
- Select Specialty Hospital-Cincinnati (375 Dixmyth Ave)
- University Hospital, University of Cincinnati (234 Goodman Street)
Cincinnati-Dayton Aerospace Corridor Job Links
- Job search, Employment in Cincinnati, Ohio; Job News
- Wright State University - employment
Dayton and Fairborn OH
USAF Museum, Fairborn, Greene CountyClick thumbnail to view full-size
Ohio Space Corridor Booms With New Companies
Over 400 different companies were counted in 2010 around the Queen City, increasing to 1,200 aerospace companies in 2015 in the expanding Space Corridor.
Universities around the state partner with government agencies as well as with private and public aerospace firms to create exciting new jobs and business models. Private space flight, especially freight transport, will continue to expand rapidly in Cincinnati, at one end of the Ohio Space Corridor that covers 25% of the State of Ohio..
Dayton and Fairborn History
- WPAFB Nation Museum of the US Air Force
Begun in a corner of a Downtown Dayton office, Grand Oopening in 1963 at present location; expansions every year.
© 2007 Patty Inglish