Cincinnati, Ohio - Queen City Jobs and Attractions
Southern Point of the Ohio Space Corridor
Cincinnati suburbs are growing towards the vicinity of Dayton and that city's suburbs of Springboro and Franklin. All of these are growing quickly towards Cincinnati to become a large metroplex.
This is a result of the ongoing development of the Ohio Space Corridor that received special focus from Governor Ted Strickland to 2010.
The combined aviation and aerospace development, including drone manufacturing and use, is creating a swath of businesses from the Queen City through Dayton, Fairborn, West Chester, and on to the state capital.
The number of companies headquartered in this business corridor is impressive. The group includes Federated (Macy's), Kroger grocery and Marketplace, Cintas, Escort (radar detectors), Lexis-Nexis (The Number One Law Archive Service) and others.
Thus, the southwest sector of Ohio is turning the economy away from hard-line manufacturing and more toward retail, services, and InfoTech (IT). Aerospace and aviation companies are moving into the area and those already present are adding jobs to the over 1,200 related companies in the state. This includes massive manufacturing of drones, flight and space vehicles, and parts.
Wright-Patterson AFB is headquarters for the US Air Force research and development division. It has been bulking up with additional functions as they have relocated to "Wright-Patt" from other military bases under US Base Realignment and Closure. More and more work is coming to Wright-Patterson AFB, with the result that more people are hired, military and civilian. Many of these individuals live between Fairborn, Dayton and Cincinnati, creating the housing spread and the suburbs of these cities growing out to meet one another.
For InfoTech, the best location is in adjacent Greene County. This area has seen a big jump in Computer Programming and Systems Design work as well as in Engineering and Scientific R&D.
The River Bridges Project has brought additional construction and related jobs to the Ohio River communities like Cincinnati for at least the 2020s.
National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Freedom Center Home Page - Cincinnati OH
Exhibits to slavery in the USA and elsewhere, in the past and in the present. This has offers its own radio station as well.
- University of Cincinnati
- Kroger Company
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America Inc.
- Fifth/Third Bank
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- City of Cincinnati - Government
- Trihealth, Inc.
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Mercy Health Partners
Dominant Products Manufactured or Produced in Cincinnati
Aircraft engines, auto parts, motor vehicles, chemicals, valves, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, food and related products, playing cards, drugs, cosmetics, toiletries, detergents, building materials, cans, metalworking and general industrial machinery, toys, apparel, mattresses, electric motors, robotics, electronic equipment, housewares, shoes, printing and publishing.
Top 10 Hot Jobs
Over 50,000" jobs were listed for the Cincinnati Area in August 2015.
The most often found highest-demand jobs are:
- Vehicle Mechanics, Technicians, and Service Managers
- Owner-Operator Truck Drivers; Company Truck Drivers; Regional Flatbed Truck Drivers; Over the Road Truck Drivers
- Engineers: IT, Project, Mechanical, Electrical, Quality
- Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants
- Managers, Assistant Managers, and Management Trainees
- Loan Officers
- Financial Analysts
- Nurses (RNs) and Nurse Practitioners; LPN's
- Internal Medicine and Family Practice Physicians
- Clinical Psychologists
Major Universities and Colleges
- University Of Cincinnati (Public; Website: Www.Uc.Edu)
- Xavier University (3800 Victory Pkwy; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Athenaeum of Ohio (6616 Beechmont Ave; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Antonelli College (124 E Seventh St; Private, For-Profit)
- Art Academy Of Cincinnati (1125 St Gregory St; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Cincinnati Christian University (2700 Glenway Ave; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Cincinnati College Of Mortuary Science (645 W North Bend Rd; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College (3520 Central Pkwy; Public)
- College of Mount Saint Joseph (5701 Delhi Rd; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- God's Bible School & College 1810 Young Street.
- Good Samaritan Hospital School Of Nursing (Dixmyth Ave; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Great Oaks Institute Of Technology And Career Dev (3254 E Kemper Rd; Public)
- Hebrew Union College; Jewish Institute of Religion (3101 Clifton Ave; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Institute of Medical-Dental Technology (375 Glensprings Dr Ste 201; Private, For-Profit)
- Ohio Center For Broadcasting (4790 Red Bank Expy Ste 102; Private, For-Profit)
- Queen City Career Center (425 Ezzard Charles Dr; Public)
- Southern Ohio College (1011 Glendale Milford Rd; Private, For-Profit)
- The Union Institute (Location: 440 E Mcmillan St; Private, Not-For-Profit)
- Tri-State Travel School (4600 Montgomery Rd Ste 106; Private, For-Profit)
- Western Hills School Of Beauty And Hair Design (6490 Glenway; Private, For-Profit)
Schools Near Cincinnati
- University of Cincinnati; Raymond Walters College (Blue Ash, OH)
- Northern Kentucky University (16 miles; Highland Heights, KY)
- Miami University, Oxford (30 miles; Oxford, OH)
- Wright State University (46 miles; Dayton, OH)
- University of Dayton (48 miles; Dayton, OH)
- Sinclair Community College (48 miles; Dayton, OH)
- Cedarville University (65 miles; Cedarville, OH)
Dayton Ohio Jobs
Most popular advertised Dayton jobs and their average salary:
- Registered nurses -- $45,800+
- Wholesale and manufacturing sales representatives -- $48,800+
- Secondary school teachers -- $44,200
Jobs more common in Dayton than other US cities and their average salary:
- Metal and plastic workers -- $32,200
- Materials engineers -- $76,900+
- Postsecondary engineering teachers -- $50,800+
Hospitals & Medical Centers in Cincinnati OH
Healthcare treatment and wellness programs and healthcare jobs are available at:
- Bethesda North Hospital (10500 Montgomery Road)
- Children's Hospital Medical Center (3333 Burnet Ave) - The famous Shriners Burn Hospital is at 3229 Burnet Ave
- Christ Hospital (2139 Auburn Avenue)
- Convalescent Hospital For Children (Elland And Bethude Avenues)
- Deaconess Hospital (311 Straight Street)
- Drake Center (151 Galbraith Road)
- Good Samaritan Hospital (375 Dixmyth Ave)
- Jewish Hospital (4777 East Galbraith Road)
- Mercy Franciscan Hospital Western Hills (3131 Queen City Ave)
- Mercy Franciscan Hospital - Mt Airy (2446 Kipling Avenue)
- Mercy Hospital Anderson (7500 State Road)
- Pauline Warfield Lewis Center (1101 Summit Rd)
- Select Specialty Hospital-Cincinnati (375 Dixmyth Ave)
- University Hospital, University of Cincinnati (234 Goodman Street)
Cincinnati-Dayton Aerospace Corridor Jobs
USAF Museum, Fairborn, Greene CountyClick thumbnail to view full-size
New Companies Fill the Corridor
Over 400 different companies were counted in 2010 around the Queen City, increasing to 1,200 aerospace companies in 2015 in the expanding Space Corridor.
Universities around the state partner with government agencies as well as with private and public aerospace firms to create exciting new jobs and business models. Private space flight, especially freight transport, will continue to expand rapidly in Cincinnati, at one end of the Ohio Space Corridor that covers 25% of the State of Ohio..
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2007 Patty Inglish MS