- Business and Employment
Delcampe auctions: an Ebay alternative
Delcampe auctions: an Ebay alternative for collectibles
Delcampe is a european auction site similar to Ebay. Delcampe is an amazing alternative to Ebay if you buy or sell stamps, coins, paper money, postcards and various collectibles. Delcampe charge no basic listing fees and much lower final value fees on completed sales. Delcampe is not one of those so called Ebay alternative site that bites the dust within a year or so. They have been around since more than 10 years.
Intro photo: Vintage cigarette cards from my collection
Fees on Delcampe are cheaper than Ebay fees
On Delcampe there is no registration fees, no buying fees and no basic listing fees.
If you sell an item, Delcampe will charge you the following FVF (Final Value Fee):
Under 750.00 USD/month 5.50% of the monthly sales amount
750.00 USD - 1499.99 USD/month 5.00% x (sales amount - 750 USD) + 41.25 USD
1500.00 USD - 7499.99 USD/month 4.50% x (sales amount - 1500 USD) + 78.75 USD
7500.00 USD - 14999.99 USD/month 3.00% x (sales amount - 7400 USD) + 348.75 USD
15000.00 USD and beyond/month 2.00% x (sales amount - 15000 USD) + 573.75 USD
For a small fee you can add many options to your listings: Last-minute extension, Anonymous sale, Reserve price Sub-title, Bold title, Color border, Color background, Your item on top of a list of items, Your item on top of lists of categories,Your item on the homepage.
For all the details on fees see Delcampe Help section
Main Delcampe collectibles categories
Old photos, postcards, stamps, coins and banknotes, vintage collectibles, beer coasters, blotters, antiquarian books, comic books, vintage prints, magazines, memorabilia, vintage linen... you will find everything for your collections on Delcampe!
Thumbnail image: Beer coasters by Fanfreluche
- Books,comics and magazines
Books,comics and magazines for sale on Delcampe
- Coins and banknotes
Coins, banknotes, notgeld, tokens for sale on Delcampe
- Old papers
Autographs, blotters, chromos, manuscripts, bookplates, vintage calendars, advertising, historical documents and more for sale on Delcampe
- Other collections
Photography, art and antiquities, jewels, games and toys for sale on Delcampe
Phonecards for sale on Delcampe
Disney pins, Olympics pins, vintage pins and more on Delcampe
Postcards for sale on delcampe
Stamps, FDC, maxicards,proofs for sale on Delcampe
Positive points about buying and selling on Delcampe
- No insertion fees
- lower FVF than Ebay
- Access to the huge European market: many European avoid Ebay, but love Delcampe. So you get a nice chunk of new buyers and sellers
- More than 21 000 000 lots available: most of them in the small collectibles such as stamps, postcards, coins, banknotes etc.
- Find collectibles not often seen on the North American market: really, you will find something!
Negative points about buying or selling on Delcampe auctions
- No RSS feed available to promote your items over the web. This is a huge problem. Delcampe still expect you to use Iframe and only offer this option.
- No way to weed out sellers that don't accept online payment such as paypal or moneybookers. Even in advance search you cannot choose "show only sellers accepting paypal". So you waste time looking at items that you won't buy because the seller don't take the form of payment you want to use.
- Sellers charging extra fees when you pay via PayPal: this is a rampant on Delcampe, mostly when dealing with European sellers, particularly in France. It could be annoying because it is not always up front (see next point)
- Sellers Terms and conditions are not visible on the main page: you need to click tabs to read all informations. I feel this is not the best for both buyers and sellers.
- No way to block sellers who don't ship to your country. Not even in advance search.
Delcampe runs a lot of contests with many cool prizes. In their newest contest you can win this rare postcard depicting Gypsies:
"Romanichels sur la route d'Octeville"