Dental Practice Cleaner Job Description
Here is a job description for a dental practice cleaner, although it could be for a general cleaning job also, and it was created as part of my Practice Managers course. Feel free to use it as an example, or get an idea of what is needed and expected of you as a dental practice cleaner.
Job Description - Cleaner
Job Title: Cleaner
Purpose of the Job: To keep the dental practice clean and tidy, to a high standard.
To Whom Responsible: The Principle and Practice Manager
For Whom Responsible: None
- To perform high quality cleaning procedures, whilst working in a safe and effective manner, in accordance with the ‘Code of Ethics’ of the British Association of Dentists and the GDC requirements and recommendations to dentists and their staff. The performance of these duties is under the reasonable direction of the Principle or Practice Manager.
- To ensure that all areas of the practice are regularly cleaned, paying attention to the practice policy in respect of cross infection and Health and Safety.
- Use a range of cleaning items and products, following C.O.S.H.H. guidelines at all times.
- To clean all areas of the practice, including all patient areas, such as bathroom, waiting room and reception, all staff areas, such as bathroom and staff room/kitchen, all surgeries, as well as the stairs and walkways to a high standard
- Clean down sides and work surfaces in reception, waiting room and staff room/kitchen
- Hoover walkways, stairs, waiting room, reception, staff room/kitchen and surgeries
- Mop bathrooms and staff room/kitchen
- Pay attention to dusting skirting boards and tops of picture frames
- Empty all bins
- Obey all confidentiality and Data Protection guidelines
- Inform Practice Manager of cleaning stock that needs to be ordered
- Notify the Principle or Practice Manager of any repairs or defects on the premises that require attention.
- Experience of cleaning a practice is desirable, but not essential as full training is given
To be familiar with Confidentiality and Data Protection Acts
To be familiar with C.O.S.H.H.
- The ability to work alone, efficiently and effectively
- Good organization skills
- Honest, trust-worthy and reliable
- The ability to motivate yourself
Required Qualifications: None
Terms of Employment:
Hours of work will be 4 hours in total, 2 hours on a Wednesday evening after 5.30pm, and 2 hours on a Sunday. The successful candidate will require a CRB check, which will be reimbursed by the employer.
Check out my other job related hubs:
And here are some other hubs you may want to read:
- Redgage - Backlink, Increase Traffic & Earn Money for your Content
- Numerology: How to Work out Your Challenge Numbers and what they Mean
- How To Brush Your Teeth Properly And Which Toothbrush To Use To Get A White Smile
- Inspiring & Uplifting Famous Quotes & Sayings
- Trainers and Shoes that Help Tone your Calves, Thighs and Bum